It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: fireworks delay indoor football game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
here is a team that really lives up to it's name..lol

[Edited on 5/18/2004 by toejam]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
missed the link, tj

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
lwts try this again and see if i can get it right this time

Botched fireworks show causes problems at football game
The Associated Press
Last Updated 7:27 am PDT Monday, May 17, 2004
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) - A fireworks show before an indoor football game went awry and filled the coliseum with smoke, sending everyone outside trying to catch their breath. Two people sought treatment for respiratory problems.
The Corpus Christi Hammerheads game was delayed 45 minutes Sunday because of the smoke.

"It felt like I was choking," said Denise Gipson. "As I tried to take a deep breath, it felt like I couldn't get any air."

Players were sprawled on the grass outside the coliseum trying to catch their breath. Emergency officials administered oxygen to several players and some fans with asthma. At least two fans were carried out on stretchers and treated in a waiting ambulance.

The pre-game show was approved by fire officials, but Assistant Fire Chief Mike Hernandez said the pyrotechnics group didn't follow the plan.

"They said they would just use a few, but they ended up using a lot more than that," he said.

Chad Dittman, Hammerheads owner and Intense Football League founder, disputed Hernandez's claims. "I can't explain what happened, but it's unfortunate, and it will be the last time we have fireworks," he said.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yeah, friggin hammerheads, lol

TRD

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Lol! Sounds like they had good organisation NOT!

top topics

join