It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Makes Secret Thanksgiving Trip to Iraq to Rally Troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Not so secret, secret trip...

Ok, this is obvious supportive propaganda. Some times I wonder...are they thinking or not. I'm going to say
n o t.

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's just probably to get people to read and be amused, like as if he doesn't do any 'real' secret stuff!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When was the last documented sighting of Bush? I don't believe he was anywhere near Iraq.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If all this terrorist web chat and talk of an attack durring this Thanksgiving was just a load of CRAP to throw everyone off track, just so Bush could make this trip which by the way, was a careless and dangerous thing to do.

What would have happened if this trip hadn't worked out?

Just shows how deceptive this administration can be to stage an event of this magnatude.

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by energy_wave]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
PR nonsense. If he did visit, I'm sure photos would have at least been taken.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Gotta get the heroic, warrior president on film with his troops worshipping him during Operation Turkey Slam.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Anyone ever think he truely loves the American military and thought it would be a "good" thing to do for the troops in Iraq.

Everything is not PR. This president has taken some of the most dangerous trips in recent memory. The carrier landing and now this. I think he deserves credit for leaving his family to go spend time with troops who are fighting to free a repressed country.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Anyone ever think he truely loves the American military and thought it would be a "good" thing to do for the troops in Iraq.

Everything is not PR. This president has taken some of the most dangerous trips in recent memory. The carrier landing and now this. I think he deserves credit for leaving his family to go spend time with troops who are fighting to free a repressed country.

I'm sorry Dreamz - no offense - but I disagree. That's beyond ridiculous. Him? In danger? You've got to be kidding me.
The man lives in a bubble. Have you ever seen his entourage up close? The only danger he's in might come from his own possibly rogue people. And he's the most hated man on earth because of his policies. That makes him a target, but ain't no one gettin near him.
And again, IF he actually was in Iraq, there would be dated photo images released the moment he left. That's why I asked, when was the last proven sighting of him? You can ascertain from that whether or not he actually visited Iraq.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

I'm sorry Dreamz - no offense - but I disagree. That's beyond ridiculous. Him? In danger? You've got to be kidding me.
The man lives in a bubble. Have you ever seen his entourage up close? The only danger he's in might come from his own possibly rogue people. And he's the most hated man on earth because of his policies. That makes him a target, but ain't no one gettin near him.
And again, IF he actually was in Iraq, there would be dated photo images released the moment he left. That's why I asked, when was the last proven sighting of him? You can ascertain from that whether or not he actually visited Iraq.

So your questioning if he was even there????

You think the reporters there or all the troops would keep that a secret, hmmmmm. You must have a hard time sleeping at night with all those people looking over you. You dont need to be 10 feet fromt he guy to kill him, a RPG a Sniper or someone else could easily of taken him out. Maybe a Stinger shot at AF-1 as well. The guy did a good deed for the troops in Iraq. I for one am proud to have him as a President and am proud we have a President that has some balls to take the action to the terrorists instead of sitting back waiting for them to come to us.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
lmao, Bush sure did steal Hilary's thunder, didn't he?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
He was AWOL from his military duty for a year. As a soldier and a veteran I'm not proud of him. He's spoiled rotten little deserter who skates above the law. Just for the record, I'm just a little closer to it than you can even imagine. You havn't answered my question:
When was the last documented sighting of him?
Do you know the approximate flying time between Washington, D.C. and Baghdad?
Answer those and then we can talk.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

He was AWOL from his military duty for a year. As a soldier and a veteran I'm not proud of him. He's spoiled rotten little deserter who skates above the law. Just for the record, I'm just a little closer to it than you can even imagine. You havn't answered my question:
When was the last documented sighting of him?
Do you know the approximate flying time between Washington, D.C. and Baghdad?
Answer those and then we can talk.

Answers -
1. Last sighting - In Iraq earlier today
2. The fly time between Washington DC is irrelavent because he flew from Texas.

If you really believe he wasnt there I really don't know what to say to you.

Ignorance is Bliss maybe?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Answers -
1. Last sighting - In Iraq earlier today Before that?
2. The fly time between Washington DC is irrelavent because he flew from Texas. Trust me, the word among journalists sworn to secrecy is that he left out of D.C. But hey, just for #z, grins and giggles, tell me what the approximate flying time out Texas.. to Baghdad would be. And where would they re-fuel? Maine? Brussels, Belgium? Rome?

If you really believe he wasnt there I really don't know what to say to you.

Ignorance is Bliss maybe?
Yes. Ignorance IS bliss.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
According to the Drudgereport earlier today, GWB went from Texas to D.C. to Iraq.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodBlessAmerica
According to the Drudgereport earlier today, GWB went from Texas to D.C. to Iraq.

True he left Wednesday night to go to DC to pick up staffers. Iraq is what 8 hour ahead of us?? He probably left early this morning. Travel time, I am not sure I would imagine around 7 hours. Don't quote me on that as I am no pilot.

Air force one has the ability to re-fuel in the air does it not??

I just find it amazing that someone would think that the President would stage all this for PR and would be able to keep hush the reporters and all the soldiers present at the dinner.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Exactly. Thank you.
When was he last photographed - before supposedly being in Iraq? (I havn't looked into any news beyond the papers or intel. today. It's Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

True he left Wednesday night to go to DC to pick up staffers. Iraq is what 8 hour ahead of us?? He probably left early this morning. Travel time, I am not sure I would imagine around 7 hours. Don't quote me on that as I am no pilot.

Air force one has the ability to re-fuel in the air does it not??

I just find it amazing that someone would think that the President would stage all this for PR and would be able to keep hush the reporters and all the soldiers present at the dinner.

You've never flown to Iraq or the mid-east, have you? Not picking with you.. Don't be so naive Dreamz. You have no idea what they are able to do. But its nice that you're feeling all warm and patriotic. I won't shoot you down for that.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
edit: jesus h. christ the picture is all fubar. does aol have something in it to stop screenshots or some #?

cant anyone believe he might just be trying to do something nice for a change? i have to atleast give the guy the benefit of the doubt. that was taken directly from my aol btw, ignore the unregistered bull# its because of my photo software. just for those who were bitching about pictures

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Exactly. Thank you.
When was he last photographed - before supposedly being in Iraq? (I havn't looked into any news beyond the papers or intel. today. It's Thanksgiving.

CNN Story
"Bush slipped away from his Texas ranch Wednesday night at 8:25 EST, flew in and out of Andrews Air Force Base and landed in Baghdad Thursday morning at 9:31 a.m. EST, according to reporters traveling with the president. "

What exactly does being photographed before this have anything to do with the trip?? Say he was photograped last year, that still doesnt prove he wasnt in Iraq.

And no I have never been to the Mid-east, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Bush has.

Is it a crime that I never traveled to the Mid-East or am patriotic or have opposing viewpoints from you, or is that what America is not suppose to be?

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Dreamz]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You can ascertain whether or not its possible physically. I'm not picking any fights, here. I was just curious. If he went there, good for him.
He may really get off on visiting the troops and such but he is no friend to the soldier or the veteran. If you had any idea what his administration is doing to the benefits and services of military members and vets, I'm sure you'd be quite disgusted. He uses the military as nothing more than photo ops. Just like Klinton did. It's disgusting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join