It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Rumors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I dont think trading Brees right now is the best move, they could go more for him if he has a solid season.

TRD

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Free-Agent Quarterback Market Awaits First Signal
New York Times

"Kerry Collins has rejected a contract offer from the Oakland Raiders, but their pursuit continues. The Baltimore Ravens, who this week discovered that quarterback Anthony Wright had a torn labrum, began discussions yesterday with Kordell Stewart."

Will Giants break up with 'Bachelor'?
Bergen Record

"Now that his TV 'reality' has all but ended, Jesse Palmer is faced with true reality: Will there be a spot for him on the Giants' quarterback depth chart?"

Giants pass on Stubblefield
New York Post

"Giants yesterday brought veteran DT Dana Stubblefield in for a physical but won't sign him."

Burress not likely to appear until training camp
Pittsburgh Tribune Review

"Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress' absence from voluntary practice stretched into its third day Thursday with no end in sight. He has not made a final decision, but Burress has told people close to him that he is not planning to rejoin teammates until he is contractually obligated to report to training camp July 30 at St. Vincent College."

TRD

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Cowboy Vinny
New York Daily News

"Vinny Testaverde is in his final 10 days with the Jets. He's headed to Dallas for a reunion with Bill Parcells."

Kordell could sign with Ravens
New York Daily News

"Kordell Stewart, cut by the Bears, could wind up in Baltimore behind Boller."

Cardinals likely to give Boldin a raise
East Valley Tribune

"Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin isn’t even a year into his rookie contract, but the team likely will soon look to reward his performance on and off the field."

No sign of McCardell? Oh well . . .
St. Petersburg Times

"Here's the reaction at One Buc Place from Keenan McCardell's refusal to participate in offseason workouts until he receives a better contract. A few shoulder shrugs, assorted yawns and a chorus of crickets chirping."

Dolphins eyeing Muhammad
Miami Herald

"Word is the Dolphins are interested in Carolina receiver Muhsin Muhammad, but coach John Fox said he won't be cut for cap reasons."

Johnson, Terrell could hit market
Trenton Times

"Here are three interesting names who figure to come free after June 1: linebackers Ted Johnson of New England and Jason Gildon of Pittsburgh; and wide receiver David Terrell, of Chicago."

TRD

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ravens could sign Stewart or Johnson
Baltimore Sun

The Sun's Jamison Hensley reports that the Ravens could sign Kordell Stewart to be their backup QB. The Ravens could also make a play for Brad Johnson if he is released by the Buccaneers.

Couch could join Steelers or Ravens
Akron Beacon Journal

QB Tim Couch may get a chance to stick it to the Browns next season. Beacon Journal columnist Terry Pluto writes that the Browns are rumored to be worried that Couch will sign with the Steelers or Ravens if they release him.

Jaguars' Williams may be tough to sign
Jacksonville Times-Union

Jaguars first-round pick Reggie Williams could end up being a training camp holdout. The Times-Union's Gene Frenette reports that Williams' agents have a "reputation for being contentious negotiators".

link

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I can't figure out why anyone would want Kordell, as a reciever maybe. Johnson, I like. He's not spectacular but he doesn't make many mistakes.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Kordell was awesome as slash, defenses never knew what to expect. But when he tried to be a pure QB, he just sucked. so to have him on the team as a 2nd QB is a good option, keep the defense on thier feet.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Kordell was awesome as slash, defenses never knew what to expect. But when he tried to be a pure QB, he just sucked. so to have him on the team as a 2nd QB is a good option, keep the defense on thier feet.

Or use him as an RB. He could run the option out of the backfield. Try to defend that. 2 passers, oh the possibilities.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
yeah, that'd be a lot of fun to watch! And great for fantasy football...

TRD

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Gannon gave blessing to Collins deal
San Francisco Chronicle

Can Kerry Collins and Rich Gannon coexist in Oakland? Sources told the Chronicle's Nancy Gay that Gannon approved of Collins' signing and that the pair could battle for the starting QB job in training camp.

Ravens want to sign Stewart
Washington Post

The Post's Mark Maske reports that the Ravens have offered a contract to free agent QB Kordell Stewart. Stewart's agent says that his client has yet to decide if he will sign the deal.

Testaverde could land in New England or Dallas
Washington Post

QB Vinny Testaverde may turn out to be a hot commodity on the free agent market. The Post's Mark Maske reports that both the Cowboys and Patriots could pursue Testaverde once he is released by the Jets.

Lions talking with Stubblefield, Alexander
Detroit Free Press

The Free Press's Curt Sylvester reports that the Lions may sign defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield and tight end Stephen Alexander. Lions president Matt Millen is hoping to get a deal done with Stubblefield this week.

Chiefs looking for third QB
Kansas City Star

The Star's Ivan Carter reports that the Chiefs may go shopping for a third quarterback. Coach Dick Vermeil could try to convince Kurt Warner to take the job.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
TRD, I look forward to these every day. Thanks.

Now, Stubby isn't all that good. It was the rest of the DL that made him look good. Millen is living in the past. Not a good move IMO. BTW, I like Millen, not bashing him.

TRD

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
He no worries i have a few places i get them from so there is plenty. Fox sports and a few others do them. If i posted all of them there would be too many a day. lol!

Well i thought Stubblefield was ok, guess i must have been mistaken. What i would like to know is where Testaverde is gonna end up?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Testeverde could still start for some teams, backup for sure, so he'll find work.

TRD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Raiders say Gannon's still No. 1
Oakland Tribune

Just because the Raiders signed Kerry Collins doesn't mean that they're going to cut Rich Gannon. Coach Norv Turner told the Tribune's Jerry McDonald that "our goal when we first approached this was to have Rich as our starting quarterback on opening day and Kerry as a backup".

Bucs deny interest in Gannon
Tampa Tribune

The Tribune's Roy Cummings reports that Buccaneers GM Bruce Allen was doing his best yesterday to quiet talk that he wants to replace QB Brad Johnson with Rich Gannon. Allen said that Johnson is still the Bucs' starting QB and that they aren't planning on signing a veteran to take his place.

Titans may have to cut George
Tennessean

Owner Bud Adams doesn't think that Eddie George will be a Titan for much longer. The Tennessean's Jeff Legwold reports that Adams is "very pessimistic" about the Titans' chances of retaining George.

Maddox in contract talks with Steelers
Pittsburgh Tribune Review

The Steelers could sign QB Tommy Maddox to a new deal. The Tribune Review's Jerry DiPaola reports that Maddox is talking contract with the Steelers and that a deal could get done in the next month.

Ravens could give backup job to Stewart
Baltimore Sun

Kordell Stewart could be the QB that the Ravens are looking for. The Sun's Jamison Hensley reports that "all indications are pointing toward Stewart replacing [injured backup Anthony] Wright".

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Eddie George could be on the market?

Drools with anticipation.

TRD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yea it looks like it is big news. Bud Adams has stated that he (George) will almost certainly NOT be back this season.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Don't want to see him in the NFC West, unless he's in red and gold.

Ben

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
George is a quality player and would fit well in any team, i would like to see him as a Giant or Jet

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He's a special back. Total player. And tough as nails. I'd take him over Holmes any day.

TRD

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Isn't he still recovering from an injury?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think he was just banged up and playing hurt. Not one of those players that gets a hangnail and has to sit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join