It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Rumors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Warner's agent already fielding calls

The Chicago Tribune's David Haugh reports that the Rams have given QB Kurt Warner permission to talk with other teams. Warner's agent says that he has already spoken with "several" clubs.

Giants still shopping for veteran QB

The Giants could bring in a big name QB to mentor Eli Manning. The New York Daily News's Ralph Vacchiano reports that the Giants could target Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson or Vinny Testaverde if they are cut by their teams.

[Edited on 18/5/04 by TRD]

Ben

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Warner on the Giants wont happen because they wont pay that much for a QB, they could ahve kept Collins but he was just to much money

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I didn't realize that Brad Johnson was in jeopardy of being cut.

Did you know that he's the only man to throw a TD to himself?

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I didn't realize that Brad Johnson was in jeopardy of being cut.

Did you know that he's the only man to throw a TD to himself?

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

didnt know that! how did that happen?!? I like brad johnson tho, i think hes a good QB...not fast, but good

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't remember the year, but it was when he was in Minnessota. They were on the goalline. The ball got batted down at the line, and he caught it and dove in.
I started him in both my leagues that weekend, and we got bonus points for being out of position, so I got 18 points from him on just that one play.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I don't remember the year, but it was when he was in Minnessota. They were on the goalline. The ball got batted down at the line, and he caught it and dove in.
I started him in both my leagues that weekend, and we got bonus points for being out of position, so I got 18 points from him on just that one play.

thats so awesome

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You're telling me. I remind the guys about that every year at draft time...

TRD

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Woodson, Peterson could hold out
Oakland Tribune

Both Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson and 49ers linebacker Julian Peterson could start the season on the sidelines. The Tribune's Roger Phillips reports that agent Kevin Poston didn't rule out the possibility of Woodson and Peterson holding out if they fail to agree to long-term contracts with their teams.

Bears, Raiders interested in Collins
New York Daily News

Former Giants QB Kerry Collins could land in Chicago or Oakland. The Daily News's Ralph Vacchiano reports that both the Bears and the Raiders may be interested in signing Collins.

Jordan may want out of New York
New York Daily News

The Daily News's Rich Cimini reports that Jets running back LaMont Jordan may ask to be traded. Although Jordan and his agent met with the Jets yesterday to talk about his future with the team, he says that they "didn't come up with a solution".

Lewis wants to get Johnson deal done
Cincinnati Enquirer

The Enquirer's Mark Curnutte reports that Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is hoping to sign running back Rudi Johnson to a long-term contract. Unfortunately for Johnson, Lewis says that he "can't guarantee" that a deal will get done.

Warner could join Vermeil in KC
Kansas City Star

The Chiefs may sign a veteran QB. The Star's Adam Teicher reports that the Chiefs could pursue Kurt Warner or Damon Huard.

LINK

Ben

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Cheifs have their QB for the future and wont look to warner i would like to see warner as a gaint or a jet that would were he would fit best.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah, but Warner would be reunited with Vermeil at KC, I think Dick would break down and cry.

TRD

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Giants interested in Warner
New York Daily News

The Giants could sign QB Kurt Warner. Daily News columnist Gary Myers writes that the Giants "have serious interest in Warner".

49ers' Peterson says no to minicamp
San Jose Mercury News

Linebacker Julian Peterson's contract squabble with the 49ers will keep him from attending the team's minicamp. The Mercury News's Daniel Brown reports that Peterson has decided to sit out so that he can "try and work on my deal".

Packers' McKenzie to switch agents
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

The Journal Sentinel's Tom Silverstein reports that Packers cornerback Mike McKenzie has decided to dump his agent. The Packers had given agent Brian Parker permission to help work out a trade for McKenzie, but he was unable to get a deal done.

Jets say they won't deal Jordan
New York Daily News

The Daily News's Rich Cimini reports that the Jets won't be trading LaMont Jordan. Although Jordan will likely ask to be traded if he isn't given a contract extension, GM Terry Bradway says that the running back "will be a New York Jet this season".

Dolphins could pursue Northcutt, Muhammad
Miami Herald

The Herald's Jason Cole reports that the Dolphins could acquire a veteran receiver. Both Dennis Northcutt and Muhsin Muhammad may be on the Dolphins' radar screen.

Link

TRD

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Giants' wish list may include Gannon, Johnson

The Bergen Record's Vinny DiTrani reports that Kurt Warner isn't the only veteran QB on the Giants' wish list. The Giants could also pursue Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson or Vinny Testaverde if they are released.

Bulger: Don't cut Warner

QB Marc Bulger doesn't want the Rams to cut Kurt Warner. Although Warner is as good as gone, Bulger told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bill Coats that he would "still like [Warner] to be here".

Jaguars may deal Darius

The Jacksonville Times-Union's Vito Stellino reports that safety Donovin Darius' agent thinks that the Jaguars may want to trade his client. There is talk that the Jags are seeking a second-round pick in return for Darius.

Can Packers afford to keep Rivera, Wahle?

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Rob Reischel reports that the Packers may have to say goodbye to either Marco Rivera or Mike Wahle. The two guards could be unrestricted free agents at the end of the season and the Packers may not be able to afford to re-sign both of them.

Cowboys could sign Testaverde

QB Vinny Testaverde could join Bill Parcells in Dallas if the Jets release him. The Dallas Morning News's Matt Mosley reports that the Cowboys could sign Testaverde to help groom Quincy Carter and Drew Henson.

Ben

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Cowboys could add that experience to their lineup, and if the giants can pick up something or somebody nnice like gannon it will make all of NY happy.

TRD

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
49ers could sign Collins or Warner
New York Daily News

Will the 49ers sign a veteran QB to replace injured starter Tim Rattay? The Daily News's Ralph Vacchiano reports that the 49ers could pursue Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner.

Bengals could ship Kitna to 49ers
Cincinnati Enquirer

If the 49ers fail to land Collins or Warner, they may give the Bengals a call. The Enquirer's Mark Curnutte reports that the 49ers are rumored to be eyeing Bengals backup QB Jon Kitna.

Steelers may not bring back Burress
Pittsburgh Tribune Review

The Steelers are unlikely to re-sign receiver Plaxico Burress. Tribune Review columnist Guy Junker writes that Burress "probably blew his chances" of getting a new deal by skipping the Steelers' minicamp.

Bengals' Johnson wants long-term deal
Cincinnati Post

The Post's Kevin Goheen reports that Bengals running back Rudi Johnson still has a "positive attitude" even though he hasn't gotten the long-term contract that he was hoping for. The Bengals have offered Johnson a one-year contract worth $1.8 million, but he has yet to sign.

Rams couldn't rely on Warner
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

QB Kurt Warner's swift fall from grace will be complete when the Rams cut him after June 1st. Post-Dispatch columnist Dan O'Neill wonders why Warner's career hit the skids.

LINK

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The Bungles better make sure they sign Rudi long-term, since they let Dillon out of town. They have potentiao to be a real good team.

TRD

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Warner to meet with Giants
New York Post

The Post's Paul Schwartz reports that Rams QB Kurt Warner will have an "exploratory situational meeting" with the Giants today. Word is that both Oakland's Rich Gannon and Tampa Bay's Brad Johnson are staying put, so signing Warner may be the best option for the Giants.

Glut of QB's on market
Washington Post

Several veteran QB's could be on the move. The Post's Mark Maske reports that Kordell Stewart could sign with the Broncos or Bills, Kurt Warner could join the 49ers and Kerry Collins could land with the Bears or Raiders.

Packers could sign Huard
Green Bay News-Chronicle

The News-Chronicle's Todd McMahon reports that free agent QB Damon Huard is expected to meet with the Packers tomorrow. If the Packers fail to sign Huard, they could look to Kerry Collins or Kurt Warner for help.

Darius back with Jaguars
Jacksonville Times-Union

The Times-Union's Vito Stellino reports that safety Donovin Darius has decided to rejoin the Jaguars. Darius, who is seeking a long-term deal, had failed to participate in the Jaguars' offseason workout program or minicamp.

Burress isn't fooling anyone
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Post-Gazette columnist Ron Cook doesn't think much of wide receiver Plaxico Burress' decision to skip the Steelers' minicamp. Cook calls Burress "a fool" for playing hardball with the Steelers after having an off year.

LINK

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Plexiglass is a bum, I hope no one signs him

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The Bungles better make sure they sign Rudi long-term, since they let Dillon out of town. They have potentiao to be a real good team.

It's not long-term, but at least they have him for now -
link

[Edited on 5/11/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

TRD

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Giants may let Warner duke it out with Manning
Newsday

Newsday's Bob Glauber reports that Kurt Warner will get a chance to be the Giants' starting quarterback if he signs with them. Although the Giants met with Warner for almost six hours yesterday, they have yet to decide if they will bring him on board.

Raiders should cut Gannon
San Jose Mercury News

Mercury News columnist Skip Bayless thinks that it's time for the Raiders to say goodbye to QB Rich Gannon. Bayless suggests that the Raiders cut Gannon loose and sign Kerry Collins to replace him.

Collins to visit with Raiders
New York Daily News

The Daily News's Ralph Vacchiano reports that QB Kerry Collins is travelling to Oakland to meet with the Raiders. Collins could also visit with the 49ers while he is in the area.

Dolphins may make contract offer to Ogunleye
Miami Herald

The Herald's Barry Jackson reports that coach Dave Wannstedt is optimistic that the Dolphins will be able to re-sign defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. According to agent Drew Rosenhaus, the Dolphins have "indicated they likely will offer us a contract other than the [one-year, $1.8 million tender]".

Reid close to new deal with Eagles
Philadelphia Daily News

The Eagles are close to signing coach Andy Reid to a contract extension. Sources told the Daily News's Paul Domowitch that the Eagles will be paying Reid between $4.275 million and $5.6 million per season.

Ben

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
if Gannon goes, they would like at warner or Collins as their chocie, But i think Gannon will stay he is still a top QB

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join