It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Rumours 28/04/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
O'Donnell may sign with Giants

The Giants could bring in veteran QB Neil O'Donnell to tutor Eli Manning. O'Donnell's agent told the New York Post's Paul Schwartz that he thinks that his client "is either close to [or] near the top of [the Giants'] list".

Steelers need to play tough with Maddox

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist Mark Madden thinks that the Steelers should play hardball with QB Tommy Maddox. Madden suggests that the Steelers cut Maddox if he continues to complain about his contract.

Cards say they haven't called Collins

The East Valley Tribune's Darren Urban reports that the Cardinals have denied rumors that they've already placed a call to QB Kerry Collins' agent. The Cards, Cowboys, Ravens and Raiders were all rumored to have contacted Collins' agent after word spread that he could be released.

No progress in Couch talks

The Packers don't appear to be any closer to acquiring Browns QB Tim Couch. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Tom Silverstein reports that the Packers "reported no breakthroughs" in their contract talks with Couch.

49ers work out Bates

The 49ers could sign former Vikings receiver D'Wayne Bates. The San Jose Mercury News's Daniel Brown reports that the 49ers brought Bates in for a workout yesterday.

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just saw on SportsCenter, that Maddux wants to stay with pitt, and fight for the starting job, and with this the steelers are going to give him a raise in pay from his already 750,000 contract. (losest among the starting qb's in the league)

O'NDonnell will take on the veteran role to help shape Manning into a good QB.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That's a proper move by Pittsburgh.

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Maddux is that team leader as of right now. The Steelers werent great last season but they picked up their pace near the end of the season and look for that to carry over. They focused to much on the passing attack and lost track of the running. they wont make the same mistake twice.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Maddux is that team leader as of right now. The Steelers werent great last season but they picked up their pace near the end of the season and look for that to carry over. They focused to much on the passing attack and lost track of the running. they wont make the same mistake twice.

i agree that hes the definate leader of the team, and i would think it would be good if maddox stayed another year or whatever, and i really expect arizone to get collins cuz they really have jack # for QB's

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
i really expect arizone to get collins cuz they really have jack # for QB's

I think Arizona may be the best place for Collins to end up, he's still got some years in him

top topics

join