It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: NFL Rumours 27/04/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Agent already getting calls about Giants' Collins

It appears that several teams may be interested in signing QB Kerry Collins once he is released by the Giants. The New York Daily News's Ralph Vacchiano reports that the Cowboys, Ravens, Raiders and Cardinals have all called Collins' agent.

Will Bucs extend McCardell's contract?

The Tampa Tribune's Roy Cummings reports that Buccaneers receiver Keenan McCardell is looking for a raise. McCardell, who will earn $2.5 million next season, wants the Bucs to sign him to a contract extension.

Jaguars may bring back Brackens

The Jacksonville Times-Union's Bart Hubbuch reports that the Jaguars could sign recently released defensive end Tony Brackens to a new deal. Brackens' agent said yesterday that his client "definitely wants to play for the Jaguars".

Emotional Maddox puts off meeting with Cowher

Agent Vann McElroy told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette that Steelers QB Tommy Maddox was "just too emotional" to meet with coach Bill Cowher yesterday. Maddox was expected to talk to the Steelers about his status with the team now that No. 1 pick Ben Roethlisberger has joined the mix.

Couch deal still in works

Despite reports to the contrary, it appears that the Packers are still in the hunt for Browns QB Tim Couch. An associate of agent Tom Condon told the Green Bay News-Chronicle's Todd McMahon that "a deal is definitely possible".

Ben

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Couch is a very solid QB he just needs to be in the right setting and right now Celevenad isnt doing that for him. GET OUT OF CLEVELAND COUCH!!!!

Collins is also a solid Qb when his mechanics are on, and he should find a right home for him as well. He just needs that pusher like the Tuna

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Collins will end up somewhere where he can at least compete for the starting job.

McCardell deserves the extension, he's been consistent for them for many years, and I think he led them in recieving last year, I know he helped my fantasy teams

Maddox met with Cowher today, but nobady knows what was discussed -
link

Ben

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maddux shouldnt have a problem he is a vet and it is expect that they get a young gun under him so he can learn from him. He should take it as a compliment.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think Maddox's complaint is he's only getting paid $750,000. that's awful low for a starting QB, and they won't have much room under the cap to give him any raise.

Not that I would mind getting that much a year...

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I jsut posted in the new Rumours thread that maddux will get a nice raise after saying he is going to compete for the starting job with Ben

new topics

top topics

join