It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Draft Wrap Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What temas made out the best and what teams just didnt make any sense in the draft

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
thank god the lions had an amazing draft for once....now they have roy williams, charles rogers, tai streets, and az hakim as their wide receivers. the also got kevin jones which gives us a good running game for once, and took 2 other 4 star players in teddy lehman(OLB) and kelly butler(OT)

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I did like waht the lions did they helped out joey a lot and have just put him in a opportuinty to win.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In the long run, I'd say the Chargers did. The Giants gave up way too much for Eli.

Ben

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
But if he turns out to be a great Qb would they give up to much then

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben

he probably won't geta chance to become a great QB, he's gonna be on his back too often! Think about hte other team in this division, they have all beefed up the defense, and the Giants have a pansy O-line! He's gonna get killed!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

Originally posted by Ben

he probably won't geta chance to become a great QB, he's gonna be on his back too often! Think about hte other team in this division, they have all beefed up the defense, and the Giants have a pansy O-line! He's gonna get killed!

exactly my thoughts....i couldnt believe how much the giants gave up for him....just ridiculous

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can't wait for him to play San Diego the first time, too. They will murder him!

Ben

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Dont forget the giants have a new coach. but what is going to hurt Mannign the most is not having a solid RB, but maybe the new coach will change that.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Dont forget the giants have a new coach. but what is going to hurt Mannign the most is not having a solid RB, but maybe the new coach will change that.

He can only hope so.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I like what the Lions did. Steve is chaning around this team quicker than anybody had thought of.

Also the Steelers getting Ben was huge.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Ben ends up having the best career out of the top 3 QB's taken this year.

[Edited on 4/28/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Believe it or not i also like what the Titans did selecting 4 DL, to replace the Freak. They are going to have an 8 man rotation during the season mixing up their speed and run stoppers.

I also like the Falcons they selected a big time CB and he should help them right away.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if Ben ends up having the best career out of the top 3 QB's taken this year.

[Edited on 4/28/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

wouldnt really surprise me....i read an article online, i have no idea where that had quotes from ben calling out manning and rivers saying he has more drive and talent than both of them.....pretty bold statement but i wouldnt be surprised at all if he backed it up

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
wouldnt really surprise me....i read an article online, i have no idea where that had quotes from ben calling out manning and rivers saying he has more drive and talent than both of them.....pretty bold statement but i wouldnt be surprised at all if he backed it up

Yeah, he didn't have all the hype (or controversy) surrounding him, and the Steeleres actually have a good organization around him, they won't ruch him in...

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thats a bold statement. You do have to look at Ben's situation he is surrounded by one of the best coaches, He has solid RB's and a defense to hold games close. WR's that are explosive and a line that will protect him what else can he ask for?

O yea and he has a vetran QB to teach him the ropes.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Thats a bold statement. You do have to look at Ben's situation he is surrounded by one of the best coaches, He has solid RB's and a defense to hold games close. WR's that are explosive and a line that will protect him what else can he ask for?

O yea and he has a vetran QB to teach him the ropes.

All the peices are in place for him. Now if they stick around for him to have a great career, we'll have to wait and see....

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I meant by the bold statement being in the fact what ben said in the paper.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Du'oh!

Well, he should be able to back it up, though

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yessss, i dont think bill cowher will let him mess up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join