It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Father knows best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Seems Eli Manning's father dosn't want him drafted by a team with a poor record, like he was.

sports.myway.com...

Archie Manning feels the New York Giants would be a better fit for his son... well it seems that the Chargers arn't going to pick him anyways so why cry about it?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah, what a crappy way to start your career...Daddy's on Sportscenter now defending this.

Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Manning is going ot be one hella of a good QB...would be sad to see him go to a sad team

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah, but he's making himself look like a crybaby with this move. Don't forget, the Colts were consistent losers for a long time before his brother showed up. And Shottemheimer is a pretty good coach, if you ask me.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I dont see why he wont want to play for the chargers, they have talent and they just need a QB to get this team motivated. Look at there QB now. Brees is good but since he came into the NFL he has been unmovitvated and not a leader. They need a leader and a movitavtor and they can get that from Eli Manning.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I guess in a way his father has no faith in him to turn around the Chargers. I bet if Eli is as good as his brother he could do it.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by samfoshaw
I guess in a way his father has no faith in him to turn around the Chargers. I bet if Eli is as good as his brother he could do it.

I definately think he could, and I'm sure he's going to have a fine career in the NFL. But it will be great to watch how hard he gets hit whenever he plays the Chargers

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
what a bunch of whining from a guy who hasn't even thrown his first nfl pass, all the good teams have down periods, if he is half the player he and his dad think he is he could be the leader a franchise builds the team around, the mannings need to get some spine

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah man, I hope he goes to a team with a horrible O-line for the first coulpe of years of his career...

top topics

join