It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: rams to release warner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
espn has reported that the st louis rams will release ex mvp kurt warner

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the St. Louis Rams will release QB Kurt Warner after June 1 according to league and team sources. The team apprised Warner of the situation Monday, April 19. The Rams also gave him permission to begin talks with other teams, although he technically won't be a free agent for at least six more weeks. Warner's release will free up about $4.85 million from the team's salary cap in 2004, but the team will have to carry $4.61 million in "dead money" this year and take a $6.723 million hit against their 2005 salary cap.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think everybody knew that this was coming. Bulger is there QB now

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i am suprised that they will have to drop him instead of being able to trade. he should have some value

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
i am suprised that they will have to drop him instead of being able to trade. he should have some value

You'd think, but then again, he is 35 years old, and he's been injury plagued the last couple of years. That hurts his value, since teams are looking fo rlong-term prospects.

Too bad, he's a top-notch guy.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
hes not top notch, look at his performance over the last ocuple of years. There is a reason why he is on the bench

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If a team picks him up... he's got 1 more year... If no team picks him up... He's gonna retire. He just doesn't have it anymore. He just like my Fav QB of my Fav team... Brett Favre. Brett's getting old, and doesn't play as good as he usually does, but he does have his games where he throws like 20 TD passes. warner is just getting old... Simple as that.

TRD

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Raiders may be interested in Warner

Kurt Warner could be wearing silver and black next season. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas reports that the Raiders may be Warner's "most viable option".

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The cowboys could show interest as well. Granted they have a couple of young guns alreayd but they could use the experience

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe not...

link

new topics

top topics

join