It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Winslow heading to the Skins?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Miami tight end Kellen Winslow says that Joe Gibbs assured him that if he's available at No. 5, he'll be the Skins' choice. Sure gets complicated, doesn't it?

This would definetley make the Skins have a top 3 offense this year, and no one try to prove me wrong on this when you have a Pro bowl WR, pro bowl RB, former pro bowl QB, Pro bowl offensive line, future pro bowl TE.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah man, I'm hoping that is who they go for, Gibbs likes to use his TE, and Winslow would be a good fit, so long as he leaves his attitude at the door.

I hope that this one isn't true...

www.sportsline.com...

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It would be great if winslow went tot he skins they would have a terrfic year on offense, but defense wins championships.

Gibbs will take Winslow if he is avaible because gibbs loves TE's

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Washington Redskins, who are looking for reasons not to select Kellen Winslow, II, with the fifth overall pick in the draft given his decision to sign with the Poston brothers, found more ammo for their likely decision to shy away from the former Miami Hurricane earlier this week.

A league source tells us that Winslow's visit to the Redskins was a major disappointment.

Winslow, per the source, was late for meetings -- including his meeting with head coach Joe Gibbs. We're told that Winslow otherwise was unimpressive in his sessions with the powers-that-be.

This development will do little to prompt the Redskins to overlook Winslow's choice of the Postons as his agents. The Postons are on the outs with the 'Skins given their allegations that the team scuh-rewed linebacker LaVar Arrington out of $6.5 million in his December 2003 contract extension.

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Washington heads are denying any interest in the #1 overall pick. Personally, I think it is San Diego spreading those rumors just to drive the price up on the Giants.If the Redskins are smart, they stay at #5 and make their selection.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm with you, man. My buddy says that he'd rather they go for a safety, I don't remember who, I've had a few...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I'm with you, man. My buddy says that he'd rather they go for a safety, I don't remember who, I've had a few...

In a hungover daze, I recall now...

It's Sean Taylor from Miami. They're calling him the next Ronnie Lott.

Is that like the next Micheal Jordan

I certainly can agree with the idea, cince Bailey is no longer there.

new topics

top topics

join