It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Colts hang on to Manning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
sports.myway.com...
The Indianapolis Colts are expected to designate Pro Bowl quarterback Peyton Manning their franchise player Monday, a move that will cost a league-record $18.4 million.

President Bill Polian promised Sunday to tag Manning, the league's co-MVP, preventing him from hitting the free-agent market March 3.

very interesting that they are gonna centralize their funds on one star player i wonder if it can work for them another season...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Who knows, its up to his supporting cast really. I heard that they want to make him the higest paid player in the NFL. Pretty sure he won't mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
ya but then you have to think of it as a theory proven by the Texas Rangers that if you try to put a talented player on a low budget team, (I have no knowledge of the Colts payroll but must be average), and make the rest of the team lower than average then your team does not provide the championship numbers. Texas was in the playoffs the year before they gave A-rod the huge deal. The next year the finished last.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
But Mannings supporting cast is not going anywhere. Harrison has proven this season that nobody can cover him. Not even double cover him. I think right now he is the best receiver in the game.

Ben

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The colts are better than an average team, and manning got htem that far. Its good he deserves the money but 18 is goning a bit far. I think the only reason they tagged him so that they could work out a long term contract deal before he hits the FA market. Look at other teams who taged players. Redskins with Champ Bailly, and the Rams with Pace.

top topics

join