It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Greatest Superbowl's Ever!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What do you think was one of the best superbowls in history?

Could it be Super Bowl XXXVI where the Pats defeated the Rams 20-17 where The game was tied at 17-17 with a few seconds left when the Patriots' Adam Vinatieri sealed victory by drilling a 48-yard field-goal attempt between the posts. It was the first time in Super Bowl history that a game had been won on the final play.

Another that comes to mind is Super Bowl XXIII which could be reguarded as the most exciting superbowl ever when the 49's beat the bengals 20-16.It could also be reguarded as the finest hour of quarterback legend Joe Montana,as with just 34 seconds left on the clock it was that man Montana who set John Taylor free to score the match-winning touchdown.

So whats your favourite? what one sticks in your mind?

Ben

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Super Bowl III, where JOe Namath made the gaurantee...and lead his NY Jets over the Baltimore Ravens.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hard to pick between all the different superbowls out there the ones that ben and trd picked are classics.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Not sure which number it is, but the St Louis Rams and the Tennesse Titans. Came down to the last play, and a yard short for the Titans. That was exciting to watch.

I personally don't care for a last second field goal. I like the hook and ladder plays. Kinda like the one the Titans used to get into that Superbowl.

Ben

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
those are classic plays im sure you liked that one play by the saints during this season. i forget who it was agaisnt, but they scored on a crazy play that involved several different players. But then the kicker missed the extra point to send it into over time. you know what im talking about? lol

TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ben was that when they did a lateral pass and then it went to about 5 others and ended up scoring a TD?

Ben

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
yea thats the one!!!!:bounce:

TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think it was in the play-offs,i'm sure of it.

TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ok i remeber now!!

D.McNabb pass to D.Staley for 7 yards, touchdown scored. Eagles' Staley takes shovel pass into the end zone, playing off block by Welbourn.

TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hrmm damm no wrong play LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i sitll like last years blow out, it was great, but i like the rams and titans down to the last play last yard, now thats what im talking about

Ben

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
does this past superbowl rank up there?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i got sick...i mean sick of watching those on espn.

Ben

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
they are classics i dont think you could really get sick of htem. I guess you could get sick of watcihng the ones that are blow outs.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
DJ2 you crazy, those are aweosme.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
No doubt about it Superbowl XXIII
www.geocities.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Great game, truenorth, but the rams-titans and the Bills-0Giants games were great, also.

TRD

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This years will be one of the greats....' The Return of Gibbs! '

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
This years will be one of the greats....' The Return of Gibbs! '

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

new topics

top topics

join