It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Road to the Superbowl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The road to the superbowl is hotting up as Tennessee meet Baltimore and Dallas travel to Carolina in Saturday's wild-card match-ups.

NFL Play-offs

The Ravens have won five straight games against the visiting Titans and will be hoping to continue their hot streak against their opponents.A key figure in the Ravens drive to the final is Jamal Lewis.The Ravens running back finishing the regular season with 2,066 yards, the second best ever in the history of the NFL.

Veteren QB Steve McNair will be looking to get Tennessee a play-off win on the road.Due to his ankle injury he struggled in the last few weeks of the regular season.He will have to be on top of his game and show all his skill to beat a Ravens secondary line that has plenty of big match players.

Bill Parcels will try to continue his season with a win agaisnt the Panthers.After taking the Buffalo Bills to the Super Bowl in recent years he is no stranger to pressure.Parcels has sorted out the defensive line which has only allowed a average 164 passing yards agaisnt them. QB Quincy Carter needs to be in good form as he has allowed 21 interceptions against the 17 touchdown passes he has thrown.

Carolina will be looking for the home advantage to hold them in good stead and are relying on QB Jake Delhomme to have a strong game.Delhomme has been relying on his fourth quarter comebacks,but the way the Dallas defence is playing he will need to be consistant throughout the whole game.

TRD

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Tennessee have beaten Baltimore 20-17 in the AFC Wild Card playoff.

The Titans ended their five game skid against the Ravens today as Gary Anderson hit a 46-yard field goal with seconds left on the clock.The game was without incident as Titans Running back Eddie George dislocated his left shoulder in the second quarter of the game only to return in the third quarter.Mcnair still managed to throw three interceptions completing 14/23 passes for 159yrds and 1 touchdown.

Next its is the turn of Bill Parcells' Dallas as they meet Carolina in the NFC version.

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
sounds like the raens and titans game was a good one....i would have liked to watch it but today is my football day.

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Panthers slaughter Dallas and cruised to a 23-10 victory.

Jake Delhomme was consistant throughout and went 18-of-29, including a 32-yard touchdown pass to Smith in the third quarter that gave Carolina a 23-3 lead.The Panthers defence was also effective, holding the Cowboys to a field goal and 140 total yards through three quarters.

It was a disappointing return to the play-offs for Bill Parcells, who is in his first year as Cowboys coach.
He watched his team make crucial mistakes all night in an embarrassing performance.Although the Cowboys came into the game with the league's top-ranked defense, the Panthers made them look downright ordinary.

Next up in the play-off race.

Seattle Seahawks v Green Bay Packers
Denver Broncos v Indianapolis Colts

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
kindof upsetting to hear that the boys lost to the panther yesterday 29-10 i do believe. the boys just got destroyed. There youth showed

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I called it on another thread on the board that they would get beat,Quincy Carter sucks big time LOL.

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i wouldnt balme it on one player though. During the titans game McNair threw 3 picks but he gets credit because he is already a big time player

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well if you go over the whole season he pretty much sucked.

Thats where i think they were weak..

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i dont think suck is the right word to use he had 3300 yards passing but had 17 td to 21 picks, it was a decent season and he led the cowboys to a couple of wins

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I called it on another thread on the board that they would get beat,Quincy Carter sucks big time LOL.

Good call there Nostradamus.
I dont think Carter sucks, I just think he is an average, inconsistent, young QB that buckled under the pressure of the playoffs although he wasn't the only one who didnt play well, half of them didnt even show up for the damn game. I dont think he is the Cowboys QB of the future, Parcells will find someone competent of running his offense. They need a RB too, Hambrick was just average this year behind a pretty decent offensive line.

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hambrick had a bad game rushing only for 29 yards...thats kindof said for a starter. BUt he didnt have a ggreat season almost rushing for a 1000

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hambrick didn't fulfill early expectations your right ben,how old is he?

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
greenbay is on their way to the next round of the playoffs as they beat the seahawks in overtime 33-27. the packers scored the game winnign td off a intercetption by Al harris who took it into the endzone untouched

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Good call there Nostradamus.
I dont think Carter sucks, I just think he is an average, inconsistent, young QB that buckled under the pressure of the playoffs although he wasn't the only one who didnt play well, half of them didnt even show up for the damn game. I dont think he is the Cowboys QB of the future, Parcells will find someone competent of running his offense. They need a RB too, Hambrick was just average this year behind a pretty decent offensive line.

I'd like to see them also upgrade Mario Edwards' spot, PA. Everytime I see him he gets burned.

And he screwed up on containment too on Stephen Davis' run last night.

TRD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Peyton Manning and the Colts SPANKED Denver 41-10 in their AFC Wild Card clash..

Manning threw 5 touchdowns in a easy win..

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i have a feeling the next round is gonig to be a lot better

Ben

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Next round matchups

Green Bay- Eagles

Colts- Chiefs

Rams- Panthers

Titans- Patriots

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Some interesting games there Ben,all tough games..

I'm going to say Panthers over the Rams for one..

Ben

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
yea i saw that also, i had that in another thread is the panthers can put pressure on the rams QB the game will be over

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hard games,but i'm going to be brave and say KC!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join