It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Dan Reeves Sacked!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The Atlanta Falcons have sacked coach Dan Reeves and replaced him on an interim basis with defensive co-ordinator Wade Phillips.

With just three games left in a disastrous season, the Falcons decided it was time for Reeves to go.
Atlanta had high expectations in 2003, but Michael Vick, one of the NFL's most electrifying players, missed the first 11 games of the season with a broken right fibula.

The quarterback made his first start of the year in Sunday's 20-14 win over the Carolina Panthers.

The Falcons were 3-10 this season under Reeves, who at one point publicly questioned whether Vick might have been able to return to the field sooner.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would have done the same thing if I was in Reeves position.

Tell them to "fire me now" if I knew they were going to fire me at the end of the season anyways.

Ben

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
do you think reeves will be coaching another team at the start of next season.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
iT MADE vICK do bad mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

do you think reeves will be coaching another team at the start of next season.

I'd like to see it. I still think he's a good coach. He helped take some decent Denver teams to the Super Bowl in the 1980's.

TRD

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No news yet on the new coach the Falcons are still searching..Anyone got a idea as to who it may be?

Ben

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
well some coach got fired so they are posiiblities...plus there are two big prospects from the college level i know one is from Iowa

new topics

top topics

join