It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Mcnair v Manning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Steve McNair draws strong support as the league's MVP.(AP)
Steve McNair and Peyton Manning are now arguably the two best quarterbacks in the NFL, using two distinct styles to lead their teams to 9-3 records and a tie atop the AFC South heading into Sunday's game between the teams.

Manning is a pocket passer with a quick release and has the ability to read defenses as if he knows what their call is before the snap.
McNairs best asset was his ability to run with the ball but has now evolved and does most in the passing game from the pocket. He has the ability to escape tacklers and make throws on the move.

So who is the best?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I dunno Manning.

Ben

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
well currently i think that Manning is a lot better...right now McNair is having calf problems and his performance as a passer/ runner could be hurt in the next couple of games. Manning is always willing to led his team back from a defeat or in a game. And he makes the big plays when they are needed to...he always makes picture perfect passes. It helps out a lot that he has a top receiver in Harrirson. Imagine if he had 3 top receives how dangerous he would be. I would think that Manning is by far better Sunday we will find out.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I think manning aswell he seems to have a better all round game at the moment but it will be a great match up.

Sir

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I will have to agree Manning wins.

Ben

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
manning does it with a big win over the Titans...this was one of the biggest wins of the season for the colts...as manning led teh colts to a 29-27 win over the titans the colts move to 10-3 and in sole postion of first place. the titans moe to 9-4 and are int eh wild card race now.

TRD

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
How close was that Manning threw 22-34 for 228 yrds with no touchdowns,i actually though Mcnair threw better with more yardage and 2 touchdowns,but as Ben says the colts got the win and it puts them in a great position...

Ben

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
yea manning and commpany are in better postion but manning made key throws when he had to and that is what o#s.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
MANING MANNING MANNING MANNIG is al i have to say he can do it all

new topics

top topics

join