It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Rush Limbaugh

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Donovan McNabb answered a low blow by taking the high road, and Rush Limbaugh has quit his TV role following his controversial weekend outburst.

The Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback has spoken out about the racially sensitive comments made by ESPN analyst Limbaugh during the network's pre-game show on Sunday.

A conservative radio talk show host in his first year with ESPN, Limbaugh said the hype surrounding McNabb may come from the NFL and media wanting a black quarterback to do well rather than his performance on the field.

On his radio show on Wednesday, Limbaugh defended his comments, claiming the ensuing media crush proves he was right.

Later, he resigned.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i'm a big fan of Limbaugh so i'm gonna keep this short and not politically charged.

if this were anyone but Limbaugh this would be a non issue. all this is, is an attempt by people who don't like Rush to smear his name. when all is said and done Rush will smell like a rose, no loss in his audience of 20 million, in fact it may increase.

he also said he resigned so that the good name of ESPN's NFL sunday countdown wouldn't get drug through the mud. i really enjoyed the countdown with Rush, and to be honest i don't think i'll watch it without him being there. ESPN brought Rush in to stir up some controversy, and they got it. now Sunday Countdown will be just like every other NFL pregame show. what a big loss to ESPN. When Rush joined the show, viewers soared and i guarantee viewership will drop now.

ok there's my soapbox, back to the sportz tawk.

new topics

join