It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Shockey VS. Parcels

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In a recent magaizine Jermeny Shockey called Dallas Coach Bill Paracels a Homo..this had an affect over the leauge..and now the Gaints coach is going to try to help him react to the press better.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wish guys like Shockey would just shutup and let his actions speak for himself on the field. First he totally denied saying anything at all and then he turned around and apologized.

Why would he call him a homo? Thats a pretty childish name, not to mention how good a coach the Tuna has been in the NFL. I think Shockey is homophobic, he criticized gays on Howard Stern last year. He also got his own show on New York's sports talk station, TheFan, and never showed up after like the second week.

I think he has alot of growing up to do. He is a good player though, I know if I had that talent, when someone said my name I'd want them to think "one of the best tight ends in football", not " a loudmouth who calls people homos".

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Glad I live on the west coast. I don't have to hear him flap his lips that much. He should just shut up and catch the ball. In fact most athletes should do that.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What's the big deal? Right or wrong, the word "homo" has been used in EVERY locker room, at EVERY level, of EVERY sport. OH, MY GOD!, WHAT A REVELATION! If anyone needs a bytch-slapping, it's the weasle reporter who printed it. Don't give me any of that "if he said it, we must print it" crap. Athletes have been making crass, off the cuff remarks ever since there has been sports and media. Up until the last 30 years or so, the reporters just had the good sense not to put them out there. Nowadays, the media is chock full of little twerps who want to BE the news, not report it. I'm convinced that some even trap, and lead jocks into making such remarks. They just live for hanging some jock on ANY remark that could be construed as "not pc". I thought that a sports reporter's job was to report on sports, not play "gotcha!"
For all those who think Shockey is the Devil in a Giants uniform, and needs to be punished, how 'bout this. The NFL could "sentence" him to do a make-over episode with the "Queer Eye Guys", clearly a fate worse than death. Here we are inundated with crap such as"Queer as Folk", "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy", etc., and yet we need crucify and ruin the career of player because he said "homo"?
Yeah, RIGHT! You homos need lives...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Maybe you and Shockey never heard of the word "respect". Players in the old days had respect for their coaches and other coaches, especially ones with nice shiny Super Bowl rings. What we have here is an overpaid big mouth that needs to STFU and play football. Dont give me that past 30 year sh!t, players back then didnt make nearly the money they do now and didnt talk sh!t in public. They let their actions on the field speak for themselves. The guys been in the league one damn year. Give me a break.

Yeah, RIGHT! You homos need lives...

And who are you calling a homo?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Can I refer to you as P.A. to save time? Feel free to refer to me simply as "the killdick". Players in the old days were every bit as nasty, uncouth, and down right rotten as today's brats, if not worse. The difference is the media, and not just the sports media. The media today, in general, is like a swarm of flies, flitting from one pile of shyt to the next. When they can't find a fresh pile, they take a stick and stir up an old one.
P.A., I don't know if you ever played any organized sports, so this may be a revelation... Shyt talk is a major component of most team sports, especially football. Shyt talk is fun, shutting up a shyt talker on yhe field is bliss! Remember the '85 Bears? The finest trash talkers and face smashers of ALL time! Football has NEVER been that much fun ever since.
Seems to me like you took my comments personally, p.a., they were just my take on the subject, and not a personal attack. As to "And who are you calling a homo?", I'll need a little more information. Let me ask you this,
Have you ever had sex with someone of your own gender?
Have you ever WANTED to have sex with someone of your own gender?
Let me know, Ill be happy to answer.

Yours, (in a manly, but hetro kind of way)

Killdick of the Bluegrass

Ben

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I do agree with saying that trash talking is a big component is sports. But not all sports involve trash talking and a lot of sports dont use trash talking. Football is the biggest sport with trash talking. But saying something to a coach is a lot different than saying something to a player. With players it is to create something on the feild. All the coach can do is send in plays and things of that nature. He wont be able to run out on the feild and hit the person.. he will just be able to ensure that his team wins. And that is the best he can do.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ben, on the day that you die, right when you step inside those pearly gates, WOODY is going to lay a blindside from Heaven's sideline on you for that comment!
:
Like I said, trash talk is a team thing. You'll never hear Tiger yell at another golfer on the green, " Yo, Phil! Your 'ol lady told me you can't hit the hole at home, either!" Sure as hell be fun if he did, though....
Killdick of the Blugrass

Ben

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That why i said not every sport has trash talking. GOlf is not a trash talking sport it will never be...its like trying to dis somebody when they are about to put i mean thats not right. Football and trash talking is in a whole nother field. I ahve played footabll and i love it man. Trash talking comes with the terrority but you almost never hear somebody diss a coach thats not right. Coachs are far superior than players. I dont even care if i get blindside i will just get the guy back when he is looking.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
"GOLF is not a trash talking sport it will never be..."
Tell that to the bastards I play with...
Dissing coaches at the pro level may not be the SMARTEST thing to do, given the fluidity of the personel, but the coaches are NOT above reproach. BTW, did you know who and what I meant when I refered to Woody? I meant Woody Hayes, remember?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Don't you know who Woody Hayes was? I thought you were from Ohio. I met him, once in the mid '80s. I was working on the nurse-call systems at the OSU hospital, and had to go into every room to make the repairs. When I saw his name on his room door, I have to tell you, I was a little nervous about going in, having witnessed his end when he clobbered that player on the sidelines. I figured he'd wing a bedpan at me, or something. I knocked, poked my head inside, and squeeked, 'scuse me...'. He looked up, smiled, and bellowed "CMON IN!, HELL, SON YOU AIN'T DISTURBIN' ME!"
Well, he turned out to be the nicest, most down to earth guy you'd ever want to meet. Not big headed, just friendly as hell. I wound up talking to him for about 20 minutes. I think he was a bit lonely, he was sick, and weak, and I believe he was aware of his condition. Deep down, I felt sorry for him, but he was really cheerful and funny, just a cool dude. I'm not one to collect autographs, but I asked him for one before I left. I think he got a kick out of it. That was my brush with celebrity. Not a bad lesson about prejudice either, 'eh?:cool2:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't know what was better.

Tony Dixon lighting up Shockey on that one hit in the 1st half or Shockey just flat out dropping that wide open touchdown pass in the 2nd half! Hehe.

new topics

top topics

join