It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Carolina Panthers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The Carolina Panthers continued the process of building their offensive line by selecting Iowa centre Bruce Nelson with the 50th pick.

The Panthers also concentrated on the offensive line in the first round, taking Utah tackle Jordan Gross eighth overall.

Nelson was one of three finalists for the Rimington Award, and a key blocker for Brad Banks during the Hawkeyes' charmed season of 2002.

The 6ft 5in, 301-pound Nelson came to Iowa as a walk-on tight end and became a starter at tackle in 1999. He was used at guard in 2000 before moving to centre.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Rookie Walter Young caught an 11-yard touchdown pass and William Hampton scored on a 30-yard interception return as the Carolina Panthers remained unbeaten in pre-season with a 20-7 victory over the Green Bay Packers.

Chris Weinke, who is battling Randy Fasani for the Panthers' third-string quarterback job, completed 8-of-10 passes for 107 yards.

Young, a 6-4 rookie from Illinois, used his height to put the Panthers (3-0) ahead just four seconds into the final period.

Standing in the corner of the end zone, he reached over cornerback Bhawoh Jue's head and hauled in an 11-yard pass by Weinke to give Carolina a 13-7 lead.

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
well the panthers certainly came along way since last season.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
After what I saw last night, I think they can beat the Rams too.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Likewise Fox,they have really got it together and are looking good.I think they are the dark horses and could make it to the finals the way they are playing.

Ben

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They are playing the rams in the enx round, and if they can get pressure on Marc the panthers can get away with a win

TRD

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Panthers have a great chance to get to the next stage,Ben your right if they put pressure on Bulger and he doesnt get off to a good start the rams could get steamrolled..

Ben

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
if the Rams D line lets the Panther o line get a hold of them during the running game it can ultimately cost them the game. Once the Panthers get the running game they can be lights out

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
PANTHER MOVE ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN NFC

Panthers played a hella good game agaisnt the rams wiining in double overtime that is just plain sick. GOod job by the panthers for out lasting the Rams in that tense and emotional game. To bad to see the rams go out but i like the cardic cats to goto the superbowl

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would like to see them make it aswell,they were the underdogs and proved everyone wrong.

Ben

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
if they get the eagles into over time the game will be the panthers to lose, they have done very well in overtime games

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Carolina workhorse running back Stephen Davis sat out the end of Saturday's win over the Rams with a strained left quadriceps. Now the injury might force him out of Sunday's NFC championship game vs. Philly.

Ben

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
that would be a terrible blow to the Panthers

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I hope he makes it he has been awesome for them so far and they may struggle badly without him.

Ben

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
im going ot have to change my pick i mean the more and more i think about the more and more i realize how equal the panthers and eagles are and in close game situations the panters have the edge

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
davis will play cause its the playoffs and you just have to leave it all out on the field and then get healy during the summer and winter

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
davis looks like he will play after all, he hasnt played all week but he says he is going to try his best to play

Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
hasnt practiced again today davis that is...and foster in the games taht foster started in place of davis the panthers actually scored more points.

TRD

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
that will be good news if he can play,i guess he will be a game time decision.

Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
if foster is the starter look for more plays like sweeps and picthes rather than up the gut like they woudl normally do with davis

<<   2 >>

join