It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Buffalo Bills

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The 48th pick went to the Buffalo Bills where they selected Nebraska defensive end Chris Kelsay.

In his final collegiate season, Kelsay started every game at right end and collected a career-high 52 tackles. He also had 12 quarterback pressures and a forced fumble.

Kelsay is considered an intense player who has drawn comparisons to former Nebraska defensive end Grant Wistrom. He improved his draft stock with an impressive week at the Senior Bowl.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Punter Brian Moorman signed a six-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday, a reward for an outstanding 2002 season.

As part of the deal, the Bills restructured the third and final year of Moorman's existing contract, giving him an $870,000 US raise over the $380,000 he was scheduled to make this season. The extension will pay Moorman an average of $900,000 a season, not including bonuses.

After an inconsistent rookie season in 2001, Moorman is coming off a solid second year in which he was selected as the AFC's Pro Bowl alternate.

Moorman, who got his start in NFL Europe, finished third in the league with an average of 43.1 yards per punt. He set a Bills record with an 84-yard punt at Green Bay, the longest of the NFL last season, and was named the AFC's special teams player of the month for October.

Ben

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The bills came to terms with rookie Willis McGahee...it took them a while to reach an agreement...but the deal is packed with incentives to get Willis back to playing football at top form. He is signed to a 5 year 7 mill deal. But like i said paced with incentives.

Ben

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Did anybody else get to watch the Bills game this past sunday. The bills recenly signed ex-patriots player Lawyor Milloy. He recevied a very warm welcome when he was introduced. And this defense of the bills looks to be very strong this year. The allowed zero points agaisnt a very strong patriots offense. The litteraly shut down the whole patriots team. Even Sam Adams scored a touchdown off a interection. If this defense plays they do all season this bills team is going to be hard to stop.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
buffalo surprised the hell outa me. They look like a damn good team this year from what I have seen so far.

Ben

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Now that Travis is back in the lineup the bills look like the team at the beginning of the season they are strong at both sides of the ball..they just have to get that offense to click and with Travis back that will happen.

TRD

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Buffalo Bills have activated running back Willis McGahee - 10 months after he injured his knee in his team's National Championship loss.

McGahee was taken off the reserve/non-football injury list, where he spent the first half of the season recovering from reconstructive surgery.

A Heisman Trophy finalist last season, McGahee suffered the injury in the University of Miami's loss to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.

But it did not stop the Bills from taking him 23rd in the draft.

McGahee was a controversial pick by the Bills, who already had Travis Henry at running back.

Henry has had a solid start to the season, rushing for 551 yards and eight touchdowns for the 4-4 Bills.

Last year, McGahee was an All-American after rushing for 1,686 yards and 27 TDs as a third-year sophomore.

He also was a finalist for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and Doak Walker Award.

To make room for McGahee, the Bills have released third string running back Ken Simonton.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm a Miami Hurricane' fan so I hope McGahee makes it all the way back.

TRD

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Henry is looking pretty tired,he is only averaging 2/3 yrds a rush and the bills got done by dallas last weekend..

Ben

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i dont think its that he is tried but i think it is that he doesnt get enough carries

Ben

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The bills are looking bad. I know they ahve some injuried but Reed should be stepping it up right now and he isnt. Also a big factor in the Bills lossing is that Drew is not playing up to par. And he has been inconsitant big time. he needs to steep it up before Van Pelt steps in.

Ben

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well the bills lost yet again...they arnt looking that good any more

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
They've been disappointing since the quick start they had to the season.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
well in the other thread sportsmaster called it..the bills had a bombing huge game and a big win over the G-men

TRD

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Will the Bills bring back Drew Bledsoe next season? The Democrat and Chronicle's Sal Maiorana suggests that the Bills dump Bledsoe and sign Titans backup Billy Volek.

Ben

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
BLedsoe is a great QB, and i think the bills will stick with him, every QB will have rough patches, but bledsoe is very experienced.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i like drew in buf he is a good QB bills lost a tough one i thought that shaw had that grab he so had that

Ben

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i agree with you sports i thought taht Shaw had that grab in the endzone, and was just pulling his hand up to show that he had caught the football. But at the same point he shouldnt have risen his hand

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
he did grab it but he couldnt convince the officlas, a dissapointing end to their season as they just got demolished by the fish

Ben

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
McGahee was going to play in the last game...but he pulled his hamstring so the couches didnt want to risk anything

new topics

top topics

join