It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Kansas City Chiefs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
To abd the cheifs season had to end like that, as the all-pro TE Gonzalez had a TD grab but was called back due to offensive pass interfernce. To say the least he was upset after the game

Ben

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
yea def said way to go out. I would look for them to make a lot of extra changes in the defense at the end of the season

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Things have come around full circle. Robinson is gone from the defensive side of the ball. Cunningham is back in.

Cunningham produced one of the best defenses in the late 90's. Back when it was Marty-ball, except in the playoffs.

Next year, KC scores 30 pnts per game, again.
Gives up 21.

12-4, Make it to the SB. Win? Need to see em play first

Oh yeah, Dante Hall. Will continue to return kicks, but will have a bigger role in the offense, well as long as Priest is willing to share.

TRD

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was expecting good things for them,but they just didn't do it.

So things are looking good for them for next season,lets hope they do sort that defence out!

Ben

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
they are only going to the SB if they can repair that defense, they have some big hole, especially when it comes to the run.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. But I think the defensive schemes that Gunther brings will close those holes. During his 4 year run, the Chiefs gave up less than 100 yards per game.

Granted, that was with the late, great, Derrick Thomas. But he was more of a threat to the quarterback than the running back.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
yea, who could they go out and get on d? or is it just the coaches, and how they plan the d?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Not sure they really need anybody extra on D. Awesome corners would be good, but every team wants those.

I think the biggest problem they have is their linebackers. If you watch the games where they give up tons of rushing yards, as soon as the ball is snapped the linebackers hit the line of scrimage, and get blocked.

The games they stuff the run, the LB's are patient and move side to side with the play, waiting for the same hole the RB is, and they hit it at the same time and the LB wins, usually. I don't know how many times I screamed at the TV for the LB's to stay at home and wait for the play to develop a little more.

But that brings me to the blitz. Robinson's blitzing schemes sucked 90% of the time. Cunningham does not blitz as much, but when he does, the QB is running for his life.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Most definatly during the season the cheifs blizted to much and at the wrong times, and it hurt them on the scoreboard.

They definatly need to do something about their LB's, and htey have ok corners.

But as everybody on tv says, offense doesn't win superbowls its the defense. Just look at the teams that are in the superbowl.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join