It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Kansas City Chiefs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The Kansas City Chiefs selected South Florida linebacker Kawika Mitchell with the 47th pick.

Mitchell came to South Florida after redshirting as a freshman at Georgia. A three-year starter, Mitchell recorded 367 tackles and eight sacks at South Florida.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Move over Rams.

This is the new "Greatest Show on Turf". (Well I guess it would be "Greatest Show on Grass" but you get the idea.
)

27 points last week against San Diego and 41 points this week against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How about Dante Hall saving the Chiefs again yesterday?

TRD

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dante's Inferno may have been extinguished, but the unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs still managed to pull out a dramatic come-from-behind victory.

Morten Andersen kicked a game-tying 31-yard field goal with one second left in the fourth quarter and Trent Green hit Eddie Kennison with a 51-yard touchdown pass 6:18 into overtime to lift the Chiefs to a 40-34 victory over the Green Bay Packers.

Kansas just keep on going....!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yeah now if they only had a defense.

TRD

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Yeah now if they only had a defense.

Lol yeah fox i get your point,but if they step up on the defence a bit they will be hard to beat..

Ben

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I still cant believe that the Cheifs are undefeated. Dante will certainly help them throughout the season. He has been a big help thus far and surely he will get better as the season goes on...he will be a threat for years to come.

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs look for their first eight-game winning streak in franchise history Sunday night when they host the Buffalo Bills.

Already off to the best start in their 44-year existence, the Chiefs also won seven in a row in 1969 and 1995.

Coach Dick Vermeil also is 7-0 for the first time in his career.

Kansas City and Minnesota (6-0) are the lone remaining unbeaten teams in the NFL.

Last Monday, the Chiefs nearly squandered a 14-point fourth-quarter lead before holding on for a 17-10 victory over the Oakland Raiders.

Safeties Greg Wesley and Jerome Woods preserved the win by tackling receiver Tim Brown at the Kansas City 1 as time expired.

Priest Holmes again carried the offensive load against the Raiders.

The NFL's reigning Offensive Player of the Year rushed for 123 yards and a touchdown and added four catches for 50 yards.

Holmes is third in the NFL in rushing with 687 yards and nine touchdowns.

He also has 31 catches for 307 yards and leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage with 994.

Holmes should provide a test for the Bills' revamped defence that ranks third in the NFL in scoring defence at 15.7 points per game.

TRD

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs probably will not need the help of another helmet toss on Sunday when they battle the Cleveland Browns at Arrowhead Stadium.

The Chiefs are the 11th team to start 8-0 since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. Of the previous 10 teams, eight went on to the Super Bowl with six of them winning.

Coming off its bye week, Kansas City also is the first team to start 8-0 since the Denver Broncos won their first 13 games in 1998 en route to winning Super Bowl XXXIII.

And, the Chiefs only play two teams with winning records over their final eight contests of the season.

The Chiefs' revamped defence has been a major reason for their success. They have piled up a league-high 27 takeaways, including a season-high seven two weeks ago in a 38-5 rout of Buffalo.

It is the second straight season the Chiefs and Browns are meeting. In week one last season, the teams were involved in perhaps the wackiest game of the year, a 40-39 win for the Chiefs.

TRD

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well what about the chiefs they are looking pretty good can they notch up another win tomorrow??

Ben

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
its agaisnt the Bengals but they gaureetted a victory so who konws.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Guarantees mean nothing in sports these days. It seems like everyone makes them.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The only reason the cheifs didnt win was because Holmes had an off day. Green threw for 300 plus.

Ben

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Holmes had 66 yards on 16 carries that is still a good game. But the gamebreaker was the punt return by Peter Warrick and not Hall.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Guarantees mean nothing in sports these days. It seems like everyone makes them.

I agree, they have become so common that they have lost their meaning. I will say this though, I also predicted that KC would have a letdown this week against the Bungles, err Bengals (sorry Marv)

Ben

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well they have been common but this was a guarentee is was looking forward to seeing if the beganls can keep. I heard that the coaches gave it to Johnson.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Will KC reboudn that is the question?

Ben

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i think so they are still the best team in the league. With the best offense

TRD

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
KC had the odds against them,they were due a loss but i think they will bounce back...

Ben

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
its better to have a lose now and know how to rebound from it than a week before the playoffs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join