It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: William Perry "The Fridge"

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Former Chicago Bears defensive lineman William "The Refrigerator" Perry has earned a spot in the annual July 4 hot dog eating contest in New York's Coney Island.

Over the weekend, Perry earned a berth in the competition, sponsored by Nathan's Famous, by eating 12 franks in 12 minutes to qualify.

"Most of his colleagues are spending time doing other endeavors that are not in the sporting world," said Rich Shea, president of the International Federation of Competitive Eating, which sanctions the hot dog contest. "It has to be a joy for him to be back in the sports arena. After all, this is the "Super Bowl" of competitive eating."

Perry, known as much for his girth as his defensive prowess and occasional offensive appearances during goal-line situations on the field, has his work cut out for him. Two-time defending champion Takeru Kobayashi won last year's competition with a record 50-and-a-half hot dogs in 12 minutes, setting a world record.

Kobayashi weighs in at 130 pounds.

There will be 20 contestants -- 19 regional winners and one wild-card entry. The contest will be aired on ESPN at noon ET on July 4.

This made me laugh when i heard about this....

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
kobayashi is insane...I have seen him on tv. I dont know how he does it.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Former Chicago Bears defensive lineman William "The Refrigerator" Perry has earned a spot in the annual July 4 hot dog eating contest in New York's Coney Island.

The things people will do for money, didn't I just see this fruitcake on Celebrity Boxing?
I hate to see people that are dumb as a stump making crazy cash off stupid #*%$ like this.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I heard the odds of him winning are 100/1 and the odds of him breaking the world record of most hotdogs eaten by an American which is around 30 I think is 50/1.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The Fridge is crazy, I'd like to watch this just for the heck of it, Perry doesn't stand a chance though.

TRD

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
As i said it made me laugh when i read it,the things people will do now to get back i the spotlight...I hope he chokes on one of them hotdogs.....

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That hot dog thing was on the other day, Fat Fridge only ate like 3 or something, what a joke!

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnforcer
That hot dog thing was on the other day, Fat Fridge only ate like 3 or something, what a joke!

LOL your joking only 3 i thought he would be shoving in 3 at a time...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This guy is one ugly fat pig i thought he would eat like 100 hotdogs.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Terminator
This guy is one ugly fat pig i thought he would eat like 100 hotdogs.

he is just a fat slob looking for attention....take for instance that celebrity boxing he did where he got his arse kicked by manute bol

[Edited on 7/22/2003 by Osobad28]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am now taking votes for what Fridge's next ridiculous publicity stunt will be. Will he wrestle alligators on Animal Planet? Will he try his luck on Jeopardy? or on Family Feud along with the stove, the dishwasher, the microwave, and the toaster? Maybe he will eat goat testes on Fear Factor? Personally I think he should learn a new art, maybe sumo wrestling.
Fridge in a thong??? Ewwwwww!

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
LMAO Enforcer!

I'm gonna guess Celebrity Fear Factor.

I'd like to see him get beat up again by beanpole Manute Bol too.

TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lmao Fridge in a thong not a pretty sight,I dont think i want to see that..

top topics

join