It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Green bay Packers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Packers drafted nine players with the intention of getting them all into camp as soon as possible. The first one has agreed to terms with the team -- DT James Lee is "in" for the 2003 season. Lee, nicknamed "Big Griz" for the growl he emits at the line of scrimmage, was a two-year letterman who played in 23 games for the Beavers, including all 13 contests as the top reserve defensive tackle during the 2002 season. He closed out the 2002 season with 29 tackles (19 unassisted, seven for loss), broke up three passes, recovered a fumble and forced another. A week later, the team reached agreements with sixth-rounder Brennan Curtin and DeAndrew Rubin, one of the team's fourth-round picks.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Unrestricted free agent offensive tackle Marcus Spriggs, who spent the previous two seasons with the Miami Dolphins, signed with the Green Bay Packers on Tuesday.

Entering his seventh NFL season, the versatile 6ft 4in, 310-pounder has started 18 of 47 career games at both left and right tackle.

Spriggs, 29, started four games last season in place of the injured Mark Dixon, including a Monday night contest against the Packers, and was used as a reserve in Miami's other 12 contests.

He was picked by Buffalo in the sixth round of the 1997 draft and spent his first four seasons with the Bills.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The Green Bay Packers said that third-year linebacker Torrance Marshall has been suspended by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Marshall will miss the team's first four regular season games without pay. He's eligible to return to the active roster on Sept. 30. The first game he can play is at home against Seattle on Oct. 5.

He can participate in training camp and the Packers' five exhibition games before his suspension begins Aug. 29.

Marshall, a third-round draft choice from Oklahoma in 2001, hasn't had much of an impact in the NFL, although he had a good minicamp last month and expects to vie for more playing time this season.

Coach and general manager Mike Sherman said the league informed him that Marshall had recently sought help for his problem.

"Sometime after our June minicamp Torrance sought out the necessary steps in getting the professional help and counselling he needs," Sherman said in a statement. "Hopefully, this will only enhance his ability to put his priorities back in his life.

"I am obviously disappointed that Torrance has put himself in this situation, but I am pleased that he has taken the necessary action to get himself well."

Marshall's agent, Jim Steiner, didn't return a phone message left at his office Friday evening.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Former Calgary Stampeders wide receiver Kamau Peterson signed with the NFL's Green Bay Packers on his final day of eligibility.

Peterson had signed in February with the New York Jets as part of the option-year agreement between the CFL and NFL but was waived on June 19.

The Jets cut Peterson June 30, beginning a 10-day window for the non-import to sign with another NFL club before his rights would revert back to Calgary.

Peterson, 6-ft., 190-lb., was picked by the Stamps sixth overall in the first round of the 2001 Canadian College Draft.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
They re-signed Antonio Freeman.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Today was a very sad day for one of the best QB's I've ever watched play. Brett Favre lost his father today, I'm not sure of the details but they think he might have had a heart attack while he was driving.

The Packers are playing on Monday Night FB tomorrow night, I wonder if Brett will play. He should probably be home with his family, its a tough time and it makes it even harder so close to Christmas.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
that is tough.....but i still think that bret will play.

TRD

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Man that is bad..

But it looks like Brett Favre will be in the Packers' starting lineup for Monday night's game against the Raiders.Favre will be starting his 205th consecutive game.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Brett Favre is THE MAN!!!

It's halftime and he has over 300 yards passing and 4 TD's, he's in a wicked zone. He's playing under some tough conditions tonight, like Madden said playing football is probably therepeutic for him.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wow! What a performance! 311 yards passing and 4 TD's in the first half.

Brett's father must looking proudly down on him tonight.

Ben

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
yea i would be to if he was my son and all.....if you look at brets passes a normal qb wouldnt be able to make those, he is off balanace falling away but still makes the best pass

TRD

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Quarterback Brett Favre, playing just one night after the death of his father, threw for 399 yards and four touchdowns as Green Bay hammered Oakland 41-7..

What a performance and he showed real courage to play..his dad would have been well proud.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
yea bret is going to be playing another season, so that means another season of the best QB in the lueage

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD:

Quarterback Brett Favre, playing just one night after the death of his father, threw for 399 yards and four touchdowns as Green Bay hammered Oakland 41-7..

What a performance and he showed real courage to play..his dad would have been well proud.

Yeah, awesome job, Brett!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It was sad as to how the Packers ended there season with a loss in overtime to the eagles. But Bret in my mind gave this game away, in the first over time possesion bret just threw up and pass that was easily picked off by the eagles and about 8 plays later the Eagles kicked the field goal to put them in the Championship game

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There is talks of him quitting but Favre's teammates expect him to return for another season with the Packers.

Ben

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
he had a great over all season, he should be back i will be surpised if he isnt

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
he will be back he loves the game to much and with his performance at the end of he season he will no doubt be back

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
he only holes i see on this team is on the DL and there LB

Ben

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
there should be some big names in the FA for LB and DE....speaking of which the dolphins might not be able to sign there big DE Adewalke Ogunleye due to salary cap problems i think every team is going to want this guy if the dolphins dont re-sign him he has 25 sacks in 32 career games

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join