It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Steve McNair Arrested..!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was arrested early on Thursday morning and charged with drink-driving and possession of a handgun.

A spokesman for the Nashville police confirmed that McNair was arrested in downtown Nashville, posted bail and later released. A blood-alcohol test was above Tennessee's legal limit of 0.10.

"We are aware of the situation and are gathering facts," Titans spokesman Robbie Bohren said.

McNair, who is scheduled to appear at an off-season workout on Thursday, enjoyed one of the best seasons of his career in 2002 as the Titans advanced to the AFC championship game before losing to the Oakland Raiders.

He battled through a series of injuries to throw for 3,387 yards and 22 touchdowns.

The 30-year-old McNair was a first-round draft choice of the Titans in 1995 and helped Tennessee reach the first Super Bowl in franchise history in 1999.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   
OK drink driving happens, but why did he have a gun? Did he have a license for it?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
He is just bitter about the Raiders kicking his ass twice.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
OK drink driving happens, but why did he have a gun? Did he have a license for it?

He did have a permit to carry it, but you cant possess it while intoxicated so that was one of the charges.

TRD

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The thing is will this hamper his career,with he go to jail for this???

I dont know much about your laws over their..

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
No it shouldn't have any effect on his career.Its nothing more than a misdemeanor.He will pay a fine and be on his way.The Titans may have him go into counciling.

TRD

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thats a bit lucky,its illegal to carry a gun over here...He more than likely would have gone to prison..Also they are cracking down on drink driving over here and it can carry a prison sentance as well..

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If you kill somebody when your drunk,then you will go to jail.Otherwise it is a fine,suspended licience,DUI classes,and you spend a few hours in jail.If you are a repeat offender the fines and jail time go up.And they can hook up a breathalizer to your car.If there is ANY
booze on your breath your car won't start.
I had a friend that had one hooked up in his car,they gave it to him after 5 DUI's.Needless to say,he hardly ever attempted to start his car.He was always drinking.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Not to mention the BS special treatment you get if you are a celebrity.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow what an excellent role model...its pathetic if you ask me (how much is he paid again?). Their salary should include them not making asses of themselves in public.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
Wow what an excellent role model...its pathetic if you ask me (how much is he paid again?). Their salary should include them not making asses of themselves in public.

Spot on my friend.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28

Totally agree and as PA said the special treatment stars seem to get not just in sport but in every field....

top topics

join