It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: SEHORN LANDS IN ST LOUIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The St. Louis Rams have agreed to a one-year contract with free safety Jason Sehorn.

A second-round pick in the 1994 Draft by the New York Giants, Sehorn started 73 of 107 games in the Big Apple before being released at the end of the 2002 season.

In his career, he has totaled 422 tackles (358 solo), 19 interceptions for four touchdowns, 83 passes defensed, 10 fumble recoveries, and three forced fumbles.

The 10-year veteran has also played in four postseason contests, starting all four, racking up 16 solo tackles, three interceptions for one touchdown, and seven passes defensed.

"I think Jason will be a tremendous addition to our defense," said Rams' Head Coach Mike Martz.

"I look forward to getting him here as soon as possible, getting him with Lovie (Smith, Defensive Coordinator) and the rest of the defense, and learning what we do."

Ben

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sehorn in my mind is a great corner back but over the years he has lost a couple of steps, when he goes to the Rams, they are going to move him to Saftey, i do believe that it will be free saftey. This should be a good transition for Sehorn, as he will now be in a starting role again. But he isn't fast enough now to play man-to-man defense in the corner position.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I watched Sehorn in quite a few games last year, and you're right there is no doubt he lost a few steps. I dont think he's ever been the same since he screwed up his knee returning a kickoff in the first game of the season a few years back.

Ben

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sehorn I think we do a lot better in St. Louis. He is with a new team a place to start new, and he is going to be in a new position. He is a very experienced players. And will do fine, just it will take him a while to adjust to the new postion.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think the experiance he brings to the defense will be a major boost and I don't think the change in position will affect his game for long.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I just think his lack of speed will continue to haunt him, he got burnt quite a bit last season. He was one of the fastest in the league at one point, but I think that knee surgery really took its toll.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think it's a true test of player ability if you can come back from a serious injury which takes away one of your major assets and develop your game so it isn't a hinderance. Don't think it will happen in this instance but.....

new topics

top topics

join