It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Miami Dolphins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Safety Sammy Knight signed a two-year contract Tuesday with the Miami Dolphins, the 6-foot, 215-pound Knight will be battling strong safety Arturo Freeman for a starting job and the chance to play with Pro Bowl free safety Brock Marion. Miami also has two Pro Bowl cornerbacks -- Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Brian Griese felt the pressure living in the shadow of Broncos legend John Elway while in Denver. Now he joins the Dolphins where he will forever be linked to another legend -- his Hall of Fame dad Bob Griese. Brian Griese signed a two-year contract with the Dolphins, bringing him to back to his native city where the older Griese led the team to two championships in the 1970s. "It feels very nice to come back home," Griese said. "I've learned a lot, I've grown a lot and I'm looking forward to a new chapter in my career. I couldn't think of a better place to do it than here in Miami."

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
With no prospect of a better deal elsewhere, wide receiver Oronde Gadsden has opted to re-sign with the Miami Dolphins on a one-year contract.

Financial terms of the deal were not released but ESPN is reporting a base salary worth 320,000, the NFL minimum for a player of Gadsden's tenure, and a 15,000 signing bonus.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So how long do you think it will be before Brian Griese replaces Jay Fiedler as the Fish's starting QB???

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The Miami Dolphins, with their first pick in Saturday's draft, took Tennessee linebacker Eddie Moore with the 49th pick.

The Dolphins did not have a first-round pick as part of the trade that brought running back Ricky Williams from the New Orleans Saints.

A two-year starter, Moore has been compared to former Tennessee standout Al Wilson, who is with the Denver Broncos. Moore finished his career with 219 tackles and six sacks.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said he anticipates using Moore in a reserve role.

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Miami Dolphins fullback Rob Konrad underwent surgery on Sunday to stabilise a fracture of his right fifth finger.

A starter since his rookie year in 1999, Konrad suffered the injury in Miami's pre-season loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Friday and will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis.

Known for his blocking and pass-catching ability out of the backfield, Konrad had 34 receptions for 233 yards and three touchdowns last season.

TRD

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
So how long do you think it will be before Brian Griese replaces Jay Fiedler as the Fish's starting QB???

Miami Dolphins quarterback Brian Griese, who was impressive in his first start on Monday against San Diego, has earned at least one more.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt, who has announced the decision, says he is hoping that Jay Fiedler, the starter in the team's first six games before suffering an injury, is fit enough to serve as the back-up against Indianapolis.

Griese was 20-of-29 for 192 yards and three touchdowns in Miami's 26-10 win over the Chargers.

Ben

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Greise is going to have a much harder time this week. But the move to put Brian as QB was a great move. Jay has been struggling and Brian is playing well.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I agree.

I've never been a fan of Jay Fiedler.

TRD

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
well griese got another win under his belt and is starting again at the weekend...

TRD

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Griese was poor in the last game,it looks like he will start again tomorrow but he better get his throwing arm in order...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
to me it looks like the dolphins can't decided who they want as their QB they are alwasy switching from week to week. they should jsut stick with a QB, if they dont their QB's are bound to be inconsistant

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Chris Chambers was pretty impressive today.

He talked smack before the game but he backed it up so he gets props from me.

TRD

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Things aren't looking good for Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt. The rumour is that staffers at the Dolphins practice facility are already talking about who the Dolphins' next coach will be.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I thought he was doing a pretty good job..

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Terminator:

I thought he was doing a pretty good job..

He's doing it mostly with Jimmy Johnson's talent though isn't he.

Ben

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
hes still the coach but with less of a role. Maybe during the draft they will pick up some good players. They have a solid core of players though

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Dolphins are preparing to trade for Philadelphia Eagles quarterback AJ Feeley.

sports.espn.go.com...

The Dolphins, anticipating they will be able to complete a trade for quarterback A.J. Feeley and sign him to a new contract, have given starter Jay Fiedler permission to talk to other teams.

The move is regarded as the practical prelude to Fiedler being released next month, and to Feeley being elevated to the top perch on the depth chart, as the Dolphins attempt to upgrade production at quarterback.

The Dolphins and Eagles agreed Saturday evening to the Feeley deal, which will become official March 3, when the league's current trade moratorium is lifted. In exchange for Feeley, the Eagles will receive a conditional second-round choice in the 2005 draft. A three-year veteran with five starts on his résumé, Feeley will sign a contract with Miami that can be for five years and $18 million and will include a $3 million signing bonus.

The door is being left open for Fiedler to return to Miami, albeit at a reduced salary. Fiedler is due a $2 million option bonus on April 5 that the Dolphins will not want to pay if they acquire Feeley. Fiedler also has a $3.7 million base salary for 2004.

The Cowboys, Buccaneers and Raiders are expected to make overtures to Fiedler. The Raiders' level of interest will depend on Rich Gannon's recovery from offseason shoulder surgery.

From what I have seen of Feely I didn't think he was of #1 starting QB caliber but I could be wrong.

Ben

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
why would they want Feely, granted he is a good QB but not a number 1 qb, he needs a lot of work, they have better luck getting a young guy in the draft.

new topics

top topics

join