It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Dallas Cowboys 2003

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just saw your post now, I'm sure you've seen the highlights by now. They made so many stupid mistakes, one after another. The one that I thought really turned the momentum was the 60 yard completion to Galloway that was called back, then the Cowboys punted, and eventually Atlanta scored, a 14 point swing there. The Giants are going to be tough on a Monday night in the Meadowlands, hopefully they can bring a good game.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
How bout dem Cowboys!!

Catch the game FoxMulder??

35-32 in OT over the Giants!!!!

What a good game, the Giants kicker really screwed up kicking that ball out of bounds to set up field position for the Cowboys.

Dallas 1-1.......Philadelphia 0-2

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Catch the game FoxMulder??

Oh yeah baby! You know it! The best 4-hour football game ever!

I thought we were goners too after the Giants came back. Our defensive line did so great in the 1st half but just disappeared in the 2nd half. Even when we blitzed in the 2nd half, we still couldn't get any pressure on Collins.

But game balls to Billy Cundiff, QC, and Terry Glenn. Talk about resilency!

[Edited on 9/16/2003 by Fox Mulder]

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
I thought we were goners too after the Giants came back. Our defensive line did so great in the 1st half but just disappeared in the 2nd half. Even when we blitzed in the 2nd half, we still couldn't get any pressure on Collins.

Yeah they got worn out and like Madden mentioned the same thing happened vs Atlanta. I think as the offense improves they will get more first downs and give the defense a decent rest before getting them back out there. Parcells likes the ball control offense, I hope Hambrick is durable enough, he looked pretty good against a good defense last night.

I think it sucks that they Cowboys bye week is this week, its nice to have it in the middle of the season when the players could really use the rest, especially the injured ones.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I think it sucks that they Cowboys bye week is this week, its nice to have it in the middle of the season when the players could really use the rest, especially the injured ones.

That's true but I think it's also not that bad to have it this week because we do need to work on somethings, like Roy Williams was really slow on the "Cover 2" almost all night. Kerry Collins, Ike Hillard and Amani Toomer had a lot of success with that last night.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I love Antonio Bryant as our 3rd Wide Receiver. He's really coming along.

Did you guys see that shot he took from Will Allen on the corner route down the sideline right before Cundiff's game-tying field goal attempt? He held onto the ball. What a play!

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
I love Antonio Bryant as our 3rd Wide Receiver. He's really coming along.

Did you guys see that shot he took from Will Allen on the corner route down the sideline right before Cundiff's game-tying field goal attempt? He held onto the ball. What a play!

Bryant completes a nice trifecta at the WR position. That catch vs the Giants was HUGE, he drops it and the Cowboys lose, no doubt about it. Equal credit to Quincy for the perfect strike on that play as well. I hope Quincy gets some confidence from the Giants game, I'm sure he will. We need Hambrick to turn it up a notch, he's not stinkin it up but theres plenty of room for improvement.

One thing I notice that I think the Cowboys are missing is a really good pass catching tight end, like a Novacek or Cosbie. Maybe Dan Campbell will have a good year.

Im really happy, for the 3rd straight Cowboys game I'm getting it here on TV. When they're not televised here (Eagles local home team), I go to a local bar with a satellite and watch it there. I'd rather watch it at home, I get so distracted in a bar, talking and whatever.

Prediction: Cowboys 27, Jets 21

At 0-3 you know the Jets will be very hungry. Go Boyz!!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   

When they're not televised here (Eagles local home team), I go to a local bar with a satellite and watch it there. I'd rather watch it at home, I get so distracted in a bar, talking and whatever.

Maybe I'll do that. I'm getting Lions vs. the Broncos tomorrow here.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I hope the game is televised here is, it's always the Seahawks. Since they have a bye this week it is either Broncos or Cowboys. I have to cross my fingers.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
HUGE WIN!!!

The Cowboys defense looked awesome today, allowing only 6 points to Vinny and the Jets in their own stadium.

Hambrick over 100 rushing and Galloway 100 receiving, the offense is looking better each week.

Next up - Emmitt and the Cardinals in Texas Stadium, if they play the way they have we could easily go to 3-1!!!!!!!

GO COWBOYS!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I just love that picture of Jerry Jones, PA!

That's some good stuff right there, lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey, we're 3 and 1 now!

And our Offensive Line is doing a much better job of protecting our Quarterback during blitzes than they've done in the past.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I see troy hambrick is doing pretty well,i think he will have a good game this weekend...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD:

i think he will have a good game this weekend...

I hope you're right but the Eagles usually do a good job of shutting down our running game.

TRD

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah your right fox,but im expecting a big game from Amani Toomer aswell,i think the cowboys will win...

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
And can you believe it?

We're #1 in the league in Offense, #3 in the league in Defense and are in first place in the NFC East by 1/2 game!

TRD

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
looks like dallas may hold on for the win with 1min left on the clock...

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
How about Philly starting the game with an onside kick and the Cowboys returning it for a touchdown? Haha.

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Bill Parcells jilted the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the altar before they paid a king's ransom for Jon Gruden in February 2002.

On Sunday, Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys visit the defending Super Bowl champions.

The Parcells Reunion Tour kicked off with wins over two of his former teams - the New York Giants and New York Jets - in September at the Meadowlands.

On Sunday, Parcells faces the team he could have coached.

When the Bucs fired Tony Dungy after the 2001 season, owner Malcolm Glazer offered the job to Parcells, who coached the Giants to Super Bowl titles in 1986 and 1990.

Parcells appeared ready to accept it, but backed out at the last minute and decided to stay in retirement.

The Bucs then pursued Gruden and Steve Mariucci. Both were under contract, but Glazer was willing to pay a heavy price to pry Gruden loose from Al Davis, sending the Oakland Raiders four draft picks and US$8million.

Gruden proved to be worthy, leading the Bucs to their first Super Bowl title last season.

At 39, he became the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl.

The way Parcells has the Cowboys playing this season, though, a team which has suffered through an abysmal few years before his arrival, it's easy to see why the Bucs initially wanted him.

The 62-year-old has made an immediate impact for Dallas owner Jerry Jones.

The team was beginning to become better known for its meddling boss than its reign as "America's Team".

However, this is clearly Parcells' team.

Before he arrived, the Cowboys did not have a winning season since 1998 and went 5-11 each of the past three seasons under Dave Campo.

Now they are riding a five-game winning streak for the first time since 1994.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join