It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Dallas Cowboys 2003

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yesterday the Cowboys picked up Adrain Murrell out of retirement.

ESPN
Despite being out of the NFL each of the last two seasons, Murrell on Wednesday joined the Dallas Cowboys, as the team battled potential depth problems at tailback. One of the keys to the deal is that Murrell played under coach Bill Parcells with the New York Jets in 1997, knows the offense, and offers veteran experience.

Owner Jerry Jones stressed that the addition of Murrell was not a reflection of concern with nominal starter Troy Hambrick, but rather a reaction to a lingering shoulder injury that has slowed Michael Wiley. The tailback is believed to have a rotator cuff problem and on Tuesday got a second opinion, the results of which the Cowboys are awaiting.

Murrell, 32, last played with the Washington Redskins in 2000, rushing for only 50 yards. But the former West Virginia standout posted 1,000-yard seasons 1996-98, the first two with the Jets and the last with the Arizona Cardinals. A tough inside runner with some power between the tackles, he became expendable in New York when the Jets signed Curtis Martin to be their feature back.

espn.go.com...

Wonder ifhe has anything left in the tank?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hopefully.

To be honest I barely know him though.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The Cowboys will go NOWHERE this year. Know why? 'Cause Parcels is a HOMO, that's why! He's been "outted" by Shockey, and will no doubt spend the rest of the season defending his masculinity. What a blow! (no pun intended) Parcels is now damaged goods. The Cowboys need cut their losses, and dump his big, sissy arse, now.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by killdickvital
The Cowboys will go NOWHERE this year. Know why? 'Cause Parcels is a HOMO, that's why! He's been "outted" by Shockey, and will no doubt spend the rest of the season defending his masculinity. What a blow! (no pun intended) Parcels is now damaged goods. The Cowboys need cut their losses, and dump his big, sissy arse, now.

Nice post, what are you 12 years old? I'm sure Parcells hasn't slept since some punkass sophomore called him a Homo. Grow up kid.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Do you take EVERYTHING you read to heart, p.a.? I guess it's a p.a.'s world, and the rest of us just live in it. A sure fire way of being 13 years old, is to accuse someone of being 12. It's called sarcasm, p.a., it's a form of humor. You're taking life, and yourself too seriously. As for me, I wouldn't even want to be a kid, again, not nowadays, anyway. I'll let you guess how old I am. Here's a clue. In '74, I was recruited as a DB by UCLA. Do the math.

Killdick of the Bluegrass

Ben

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
First off i dont now but i like to think that it is my world now and days or at least when i step foot on this site. lol.

With saying that the Cowboys will go nowhere now that Parcels was called a homo...i think is wrong cause well Parcels is a great coach look at all the things that he did with the Jets and Giants and other clubs. He took them to the playoffs and literally rebuit there teams. He is a great coach he might not get the job down in the first year but in a couple of years the cowboys are going to be a contender. YOu know why cause of Parcels.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
1. The post was a reply to p.a., not you, Ben.
2. The comment was intended to be sacastic humor, (however lame) and I don't dispute that Parcels is a good coach. (more than just a little full of shyt and arrogant, but a good coach, nonetheless)
:tum:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is Bens board and he'll respond when he wishes, lets get that clear.

I realize your post was lame humor and i think PA responded the way he did because if you notice the thread was going along fine talking about the Cowboys and then you felt you needed to call Parcells a homo and a sissy. If you have nothing to contribute, then move on.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by killdickvital:

That was the worst post I've ever read on this board.

I'm a Cowboys' fan and if you're going to say the Cowboys will go nowhere with Parcells that's fine but at least back it up with some real facts. That post in and of itself was just flat out stupid.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You kids are truely clueless, snots, one and all. Get that clear, Enforcer? One more time for the mentally challenged, it was a play on the Shockey thing, and nothing more. Remove your nose from the moderator's arse long enough to read AND comprehend. If you want to snipe, you better strap on the body armor, and pack a lunch. I won't kiss you first, and I won't use Vaseline.
If you disagree with someone's opinion, fine, say your piece. Want to get personal? That's fine, too. Just stop whinning! Sheez!

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
"Former Cowboy sentenced in double fatal hit-and-run"

ESPN

DALLAS -- Former Dallas Cowboys defensive back Dwayne Goodrich was sentenced Tuesday to 7� years in prison and fined $20,000 for a hit-and-run accident that killed two men in January.

A jury last week convicted Goodrich of criminally negligent homicide, and prosecutors had asked jurors to sentence him to 10 years in prison for each of the two criminally negligent homicide charges.

Goodrich was released Tuesday night on $150,000 bond pending an appeal of his case that could take several months and is not expected to begin before Jan. 1.

Defense attorney Reed Prospere said Goodrich told him six or seven NFL teams were interested in signing him. Prospere said that would require league approval and Goodrich hoped to obtain it.

Goodrich was the Cowboys' top pick in the 2000 draft, taken 49th out of Tennessee in the second round. But he played only sparingly in three seasons.

He's trying to get the approval of the league to play this season and his agent says some teams show interest. I dont know why our judicial system is so backed up, no hearing until Jan 1 ? Happy New Year!

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Bill Parcel made a huge decison picking Carter over Huctionson....as the starter for the season. I wonder how carter is going to handle the pressure knowing Huctionson is just as good as he is. And if he messes up Huc will be there to clean things up and maybe take starter.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just saw that. I think Parcells made the right decision based on what I've seen in the presesaon, but I wish he had other options. I think Carter is an average quarterback but he isn't a playoff caliber QB by any means. The Cowboys are going to have to find a way to get their running game going so other defenses cant just key on Carter. Usually teams with good running games that the defense has to keep an eye on, that usually opens things up a bit for the QB. I dont think either Carter or Hutchinson are the Cowboys long-term solution at QB, but hopefully they will suffice while Parcells builds the other components of the team and maybe next year look to draft a QB or acquire one via free agency.

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I thought that the Cowboys were going to pick a good QB during the Draft but i guess taht i was wrong. They really have to get the runnign game going and i think that Parcels will do just that but they have the problem with to many average players and not many outstanding.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yeah there's no doubt they are in a rebiulding stage, but I cant think of another coach out there that I would want in charge of rebuilding my team. Parcells is a great evaluator of talent and he knows how to get the most out of his players. Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 in his first year in Dallas and he went on to take them to 2 Super Bowls and the one Switzer won was with the team that Johnson built. I can see Parcells taking the Cowboys down that same path, too bad he doesnt have a Herschel Walker to trade for 6 draft picks.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   

One has to wonder: Had Parcells known what to expect, had he understood precisely what he was inheriting in a team that has finished 5-11 in each of its past three seasons, would he leave? For that matter, would Parcells even originally have agreed to another coaching reincarnation and put his reputation and his Hall of Fame credentials on the line? Would he have given in to owner Jerry Jones' sales pitch, or just stayed home in New Jersey, did some television and radio gigs, bet the ponies, and watched the NFL parade from a spectator's seat?

Given that the NFL is his lifeblood, that coaching pervades every fiber of his being, it's likely that Parcells would have returned anyway. His strange coupling with Jones, however, is the ultimate NFL marriage of convenience.

Football is, Parcells acknowledged that opening day of camp, "what I do." And he has done it well enough to be regarded as one of the game's coaching giants. Taking on the resurrection of the Cowboys, though, could well be his most daunting task. Fact is, he has already confided to friends that steering the high-profile franchise back to respectability could be a demanding process.

His track record at stops with the New York Giants, New England Patriots and New York Jets has been remarkably consistent. In each case, he shepherded sputtering franchises to playoff berths in only his second season, and the average bump over those first two years was an eight-victory improvement.

espn.go.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Parcells dont take no shlt from anyone, he can make the cowboys win.... his players dont usually like him, but they RESPECT him.... thewy know he's a winner and knows his football.... i hear he isnt easy to play for thou.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How bout dem Cowboys!!!

I know its still pre-season, but the Cowboys put an old fashioned whoopin' on the Raiders tonight, 52-13!!! :bounce:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

How bout dem Cowboys!!!

I know its still pre-season, but the Cowboys put an old fashioned whoopin' on the Raiders tonight, 52-13!!! :bounce:

I saw part of that game. It was televised here.

My favorite play was Quincy Carter rolling right out of the pocket going to the right sideline, getting pressured by Eric Barton and then hitting Joey Galloway deep down the right sideline and then he cut back and ran it all the way for the touchdown!

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well I followed the game on Gamecast on espn.com's website this afternoon and it looked like Quincy Carter couldn't move us anywhere.

Would that be your assessment, PA? And how ugly was it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join