It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Raiders- FashionPolice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Raiders have beef with uniforms for Bucs, Panthers

The Oakland Raiders have asked a judge to prevent the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Carolina Panthers from wearing their uniforms for games in California because they violate the Raiders' trademark rights.

The Raiders claim Tampa Bay's pirate logo is too similar to Oakland's. And the Raiders object to the Panthers' uniforms because two colors -- silver and black -- match those of the Raiders.

espn.go.com...

This seems pretty ridiculous, I thought it was a joke at first.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'am a die hard Raiders fan.But there are times when I would love to strangle All Davis,this is one of those times.Why can't Al just stay out of the picture?I swear he just does this kinda stuff because he is filthy rich and bored out of his mind.And it takes away from a great a football team.

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I never realized that the Bucs uniforms and the panthers uniforms were so similar to the Raiders. I always like the Raiders uniforms, and i think that the Panters and the Bucs should keep there's the same and all.
If somebody was going to copy my style i would be flattered, it means i am doing something right.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They really aren't that close.Al is just being a pain in the butt.I'm sure it will be tossed out of court,if it even gets that far.

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i heard them talking about this on sportscenter this morning. The problem with the Bucs uniforms is that the swords through the pirate logo, look like the swords through the skull. And the caronlia has silver and black in it. Al just doenst want them to wear the uniforms in California.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The sword and similar colors, that's a little picky. I think nyeff is right, Al is a little wacky and he's bored.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
yea it does sound very picky to me, just something to attract attention to himself.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
raders just want to be in the light publisaty

top topics

join