It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: New York Giants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The Giants last season had a great year, they were a solid team on both-sides of the ball but when they lost to the 49ers in pitiful fashion (which i couldn't believe) are they capable of rebounding? They gained Dorsey Levens, which should help out Barber, but still are they going to be a contender this season?

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

The Giants last season had a great year, they were a solid team on both-sides of the ball but when they lost to the 49ers in pitiful fashion (which i couldn't believe) are they capable of rebounding?

I was rooting for the Giants, that particular game too.

but still are they going to be a contender this season?

I think they�ll still be a contender. Besides Philly this division is just not very good.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I still think the refs took that game from the Giants. Granted, the G-men put themselves in that position by letting them come back, but the ref still blew the call. I'm sure that game is in the back of alot of Giants player's minds and they will play like they have something to prove.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeah the refs did blow that game, but the refs made a lot of bad calls through out the playoffs, and it did cost some of the teams. It will be in the back of their minds for a while and hopefully they can come out with a great season. They have a good chance of winning the divison with the Eagles lossing some players, but it is going to be a hard fought divison, look for some pyshical play in this divison.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ben, do you guys still have Ron Dayne?

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
No Ron Dayne was given the boot, which i would say is about time. The Giants signed Dorsey Levens, which iam very happy about, should give Tiki Barber a break from carrying all the load in the backfield.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   

No Ron Dayne was given the boot, which i would say is about time.

Oh man, talk about a bust.

I remember seeing him run over and through U.C.L.A. in that Rose Bowl and thinking with his size he was going to be something at the pro level.

Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ron Dayne had an outstanding college career. He even won the Heisman Trophey. But i dont think that he was able to adapt to the pros quickly enough. He was one of the biggest busts i have ever seen, beside Bryan Leaf. Dayne had some good moments but at times when Tiki was tired the Giants coach was afarid to put in Dayne, because he might blow it for the team.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i like this i hink that they are one of the best ya

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
they are now a little better with Levens in the back field, in this upcoming draft i hope that they pick another wide-recevier and get some extra help on the defense side of the ball, that is the main reason why the lost in the playoffs.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

get some extra help on the defense side of the ball, that is the main reason why the lost in the playoffs.

That and I think you guys got way too conservative on both sides of the ball late in that game.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
yea they definatly did i think they let the lead get to their heads a little.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah what I remember, late in that game when they were desperately trying to protect that lead, is on the defensive side of the ball, the Giants stopped calling blitzes and offensively they ran the ball too much.

You can't do that against a high powered offensive team like the Niners.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The Giants continue to tweak the roster this offseason with the release of three players.....
Big Blue parted ways with Dusty Zeigler after the veteran center failed a physical. Zeigler, who started for New York's 2000 NFC Championship team, has been plagued by a lengthy recovery from knee surgery. "I'm not disappointed. I don't have any hard feelings," Zeigler said. "I'm glad they brought me back up here to make it official, because that way I got to see everybody and shake hands with some guys and leave on a good note." The team has also released kicker Owen Pochman and long snapper Mike Malczyk.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Arrivals....

Mark Inkrott, TE
Jeff Feagles, P (UFA, SEA)
John Frank, DE
Jim Finn, FB (NTFA, IND)
Ray Green, CB (NTFA, MIA)
Mike Hollis, K (UFA, BUF)
Ryan Kuehl, LS (UFA, CLE)
Dorsey Levens, RB (UFA, PHI)
Brian Mitchell, RB-KR (UFA, PHI)
Brad Rice, LB
Keith Washington, DE (DEN)

Departures...

Matt Allen, P (released)
Dan Campbell, TE (UFA, DAL)
Dwight Johnson, DT (released)
Mike Malczyk, LS (signed, released)
Herman Moore, WR (released)
DeWayne Patmon, S (released)
Owen Pochman, K (released)
Mike Rosenthal, OT (UFA, MIN)
Jason Sehorn, DB (released, to STL)
Clayton White, LB (released)
Jason Whittle, G (UFA, TB)
Adam Wright, FB (released)
Dusty Zeigler, C (released)

Heres a list of the activity so far at the Giants....!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
PATERSON, N.J. (AP) -- Former New York Giants player Jeremiah Parker was acquitted Thursday of aggravated manslaughter in the death of his girlfriend's son but found guilty of child endangerment.

Parker, who rejected a plea deal that called for a seven-year prison sentence, could receive five to 10 years in prison when he is sentenced later this year. He could have faced up to 40 years if convicted on all charges.

The boy's mother, Tauleah Kelly, pleaded guilty in January to manslaughter and child endangerment in return for a seven-year prison term and her promise to testify against Parker.

She admitted hitting her son two days before he died.

The boy died May 14, 2001, two days after Parker found him motionless on the bedroom floor at the Haledon condominium the couple shared. An autopsy found multiple bite marks and a broken rib and determined that the boy died from blunt force trauma to the head that had been inflicted over time.

The 25-year-old Parker appeared in four games for the Giants during the 2000 season. He was waived in June 2001 because of his personal problems.

TRD

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The New York Giants, trying to bolster their defensive line, selected Troy State end Osi Umenyiora with the 56th pick.

The Giants also went for defence in the first round, taking Miami tackle Wiliam Joseph with the 25th pick.

In his final collegiate season, Umenyiora started every game at right defensive end, setting school single-season records with 16 sacks and 43 quarterback pressures. He also had 21 stops for losses of 93 yards

TRD

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The New York Giants have revealed that Will Peterson's injury is worse than first thought.

The Giants announced that the cornerback has a stress fracture in a vertebrae in his lower back and will be sidelined for at least eight weeks and possibly the entire season.

Peterson was injured in the Giants' 23-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins on October 5.

He had soreness in the back, but it was not enough to keep him out of the line-up in last week's 17-6 defeat in New England.

When the pain persisted he was sent for an MRI scan, which revealed the stress fracture.

Ben

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The Giants finally look on track this season with their offense. as they bet the Vikings. The giants won 24-17 and the offense finally looked good.

There was so much hype this season as to the Gaints offense. With Shockey in his second season...also with Tiki Barber as their all-around back. Lets see if they can keep it up.

TRD

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Coach Jim Fassel was fired by the New York Giants after a disappointing season that began with hopes of reaching the Super Bowl.

After weeks of speculation about his future, Fassel requested a meeting with the owners Tuesday, saying if he was going to be fired he wanted to know. He asked to be allowed to coach the last two regular season games.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join