American Football: Improved

page: 1

join
Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Which team will come into the season the most improved?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thats a tough question, so many teams were mediocre last year. I think the draft later this month will have a big impact on alot of teams, there are some really good players in the draft this year. I would like to say the Falcons, but they were already pretty good last year. I think the Lions will improve quite a bit with Harrington having another year under his belt, a new coach, and a good draft position (#2). I think the Cowboys will improve as well under Parcells, but probably not enough to make the playoffs just yet. Looks like the Redskins have been on a spending spree grabbing some key free agents, as well as the Giants. I think Shockey is ready to step up as one of the premier tight ends in the league.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
most improved that is hard to say because to think of most improved you have to know who was the best and who had room to improve you know well i think that the browns are going to be the most improved and i think the lions are finally going to have a good year but still these teams have a way to go but improved yes i dont know how the pats will do tho they dont seems to be bilding anymore might vbe there down fall looke for it

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The draft showed many improvements for different teams. I think that the Ravens had a very solid draft, and off-season. First with the pick of Terrel Suggs, they are going to use Suggs as a outside linebacker across from Boulware. Its going to be very scary from the QB's to see Boulware, and then Lewis, and now Suggs who is a great pass-rusher.

I think that the raven picking Boller was a smart choice he is the perfect QB for their offence and he is going to be the quaterback for their future. He has a great coach to help him out also.

The other team that surpised me with a good draft was the Bengals best one in years with Palmer, a couple of solid choices on the line. Kelley Washington at wide out and Weathersby at DB, all these players should and will start their rookie season.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have to go with the lions, just based on how f'ing bad they were last year. rogers, bailey, and redding should help the lions out alot. Finally harrington has someone to throw to, which will also help their running game.

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The Lions should be a lot better and i would look for them to win twice as many games. Harrigton is going to have Rogers and Hakim to throw to, and that is going to cause some problems for the toher teams, they had a solid draft. All they need now is Barry Sanders.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
tell me bout it...if barry was there I think they would be in the top half of all the teams in the NFL

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In time the Lions will get very good they have a young team and now they have a great coach in Steve. They should go .500 this season. And next season should be contenders for the playoffs. Harrington had an outstanding season last year and he is only bound to get better as the starting spot is his to lose. They have solid defense. But nothing speical.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Bengals and the Ravens do this season great drafts by both of these teams. I think also that the Falcons are going to be a top team in the league they made the playoffs last season and Vick is just plan old fast. And now he has a deep threat and he is going to be passing the ball some more which means the running lanes will be more opened. Their defense is very good and they didnt really lose any of their key players. They have a solid linebacker core. And they have solid running backs. Going to be fun to watch them this season.

top topics

join