It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Draft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
who is going to be the top pick in the draft this year?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well Cincinatti has the first pick and they could use help at just about every position except for running back, Dillon is solid. Most of the experts project them to take Carson Palmer as the top pick, and some others think they will trade the first pick and whoever gets #1 will still take Palmer. This should be a good draft, alot of good players this year. I wonder if the Lions will take Mich State's Charles Rogers for Harrington to throw to.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
the lions are going to pick a wide reciever as well as the Texans, who it is going to be is anybody's guess. If the texans get a wide out they will be a solid team this year and should make .500, lions will be a solid team, and anybody that gets McGahee will be solid, because he is stronger than ever.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here is a good list of the top 300 prospects. They list Carson Palmer as the top prospect.

www.sportsline.com...

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
good link, is there any team out there that is going to take McGahee as a first round pick? I know that he had that injury during the national championship but last month they did an interview with sportscenter and he said he was better than ever. Is there still a chance he might get re-injured?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was surprised to see that they ranked McGahee at #62, I thought he would be ranked much higher, they have four RB's ranked ahead of him. Maybe the injury was more serious than most thought, he might be a third round steal for some team.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Willis McGahee, halfback Miami: He's the draft's ultimate mystery man. Were he healthy, he's the fourth pick in the draft and maybe the second. The Bears eyed him all season as the back to upgrade Anthony Thomas's lack of explosiveness. The Lions were thinking about casting aside Charles Rogers' receiving skills for McGahee's big-play running ability. Not anymore. McGahee is making an incredible comeback from tearing three knee ligaments, but where do you draft a top halfback coming off knee reconstruction?

sports.espn.go.com...

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If McGahee goes in the fourth round, he is will what they call "a diamond in the ruf," he will surpise everybody this season. The lions are definatly going for a WR, weather it is Rogers or Johnson from Miami they are going to pick up a WR, i think Texas is number 2 so whoever Texas picks will devided, who Lions pick.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

Heres a site to give you some updates on the draft. There are a lot of talents in this draft, but some are not living up to all the hype.

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

McGahee has started to work out with several different teams to determine how his knee is doing. He told reporters in this article that he is doing well, and that passing on him is a big mistake.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I cant believe Kyle Boller is moving up the charts.

Ive seen him the last 4 years at Cal. He sucks.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What do you guys think of Leftwich? I think he should be pretty good in the right system, he's huge and has a rocket for an arm. If he can avoid injury and learn NFL defenses, I think he might do well. I watched a few Marshall games this past season and even when a defensive lineman beat his man and looked like he was going to sack Leftwich, he usually avoided being tackled because he is so hard to bring down. Then again, the NFL defenses are much bigger and you wont see Leftwich breaking as many tackles.

Ben

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Leftwich is a very solid player. He has one of the best arms in the draft, but the reason that he isnt as high of a player in the draft is because of his speed, and that he is very injury-prone. But what will help his status is that he is willing to play injuryed. Remember the game where his linemen had to carry him up the field, now thats heart. But Leftwich didnt do all that great in the workouts. Hopefully he will prove some people wrong, but he will be a solid back-up for a couple years. He will be a starter later on in his career, but not as a Rookie.

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

It looks as though McGahee is still the most solid all-round back in the draft. Every team has a starter in the league, so maybe McGahee could be picked up by Arizona and Emmit could help him out, and that would make him a lot stronger.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Good link Ben, I wa surprised they ranked McGahee ahead of Larry Johnson because of the injury, but his rehab must be coming along good. I cant wait for the draft next weekend, should be a good one. I think the NFL draft is the most interesting to watch along with the NBA.

I dont know if McGahee would be a good fit for Arizona, they seem pretty high on Marcel Shipp, plus they have Emmitt. It seems Arizona needs a QB, have they replacedc Plummer yet since he left for Denver?

Ben

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

looks like the Bengals are wanting Palmer now as the number 1 pick.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I dont think there is any doubt now that the Bengals will take Palmer. The Lions are probably going to take Charles Rogers with the second pick, although he "failed" his drug test. They said his urine was diluted which constitutes failing, but I heard it shouldn't affect his draft status. I heard from someone that goes to Michigan State that he smokes alot of weed. Thats what they said about Randy Moss and Warren Sapp too, they seem to be doing just fine.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
in foot ball they say that they care but i dont think so im hoping buffalo pics up a wide recever i really do i think withthat they go all the way

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
sports.espn.go.com...

McGhaee shows off in the workout, and i dont think that the urine test with have anything to do with Rogers positon in the draft. But we shall see. 5 days left.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They are predicting that the Cowboys with their #5 pick will take CB Terence Newman. That would solidify their secondary. They still have Darren Woodson and they drafted Roy Williams and Derek Ross last year.

sports.espn.go.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join