It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Coyotes at center of gambling ring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I don't see nothing wrong in looking at the 'conspiracy' side of it, its still sports. (snip) I always say things happen for a reason, wether that is a legitiment one or not is a different matter.

Oh I agree...so if it's ok to discuss more hypothetical scenereos...then by all means...play through! Don't mind me, admittedly I'm quite thick sometimes and literally "don't see it" so someone make sense of the timing of Operation Slap Shot and the Olympics to me...s-p-e-l-l it out (slowly) for me... as I is slow

I mean really taking everything in consideration how could it all have been planned for a means to an end...and to what end and by whom? I see the more global ramifications of the scandal's timing with the olympics, but to think it was somehow orchastrated...I don't get it .

[Edited on 2/13/06 by think2much]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlsberg
The media around here is starting to say this gambling thing is good for team Canada. We Canucks might over analyze hockey a bit.
ya think?
(I nominate that for the understatement of the year)

This business has taken the focus off the team and put it squarely on the Great One. Who better to face all the media pressure? It's been a tough year for the Gretzky's with his Mom dying and all, and he's been nothing but classy.

He lost his Mom and his Gram-poor guy and now all this...he is definately going through a refining and defining time...and I respect the hell out of him and hope I still can when all is said and done.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join