It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Girls Hockey ROCKS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So, this is my first time ever on this website,... stupid online search engines.. anywho.. yah, so i'm a 16 year old girl, and I LOVE to play the game, The game it self, the violence(that I get away with..) and the other players I play with. it is my first year( i know I know!! Stupid assed time to start!!
hah) but I FREAKIN LOVE IT!! hehe anyways, I don't really know the point of this thread... but ohh well... OHH WAIT! my question.. to go along with the stupid online search engine thing... Does anyone know of anyone ever Dying by playing? cause it seems like a very possible thing!? haha i'm not worried, it was just a question that ran through my head as i was watching Calgary vs Lethbridge, haha anyways sweet m/(>.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
welcome to the site, i believe that there has been at least 1 death in the nhl, the name Bill Masterson comes to mind, i believe he played with minnesota, fell and hit his head on the ice as i remember

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Welcome to SportzTawk. It's good to see another young gun on the site. The rest of the people on here are old farts.

Anyway, I've never been a big fan of Hockey. I'll play it, but watching it bores me to death. And I'm not sure of any deaths resulting from injuries during the game. Severe paralysis, yes, but death... no. A girl when I lived in North Carolina, and here in Colorado were killed when they were struck by a puck hit up into the stands. Closest thing I can think of is Happy Gillmore trying to stab a guy with his skate.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey, welcome to the forum/site

When i was about 16, when i got hocket at school it was out on an ash pitch? do you or the rest of you guys in the US get it on the proper pitch.

Haha! you summed TRD up there nicely GiantsFan, hes old and smells real bad!

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Welcome to Sportz..

Hey you lot, leave me out of your convo's...

Well as i have said on here before, i played a bit of hockey along time ago for a local side. Had try-outs and made the reserve team, i broke into the first team and played a couple of times, it was no where as big as the NHL but i wasn't too bad....

As for players dying on the ice, i'm not to sure about that. But in the 1974-1975 season - before minor ice hockey players were required to wear facemasks - there were 258 eye injuries, including 43 blinded eyes, whereas in the 2001-2002 season, only 4 eye injuries, including 2 blinded eyes were reported. With all the protective gear they wear now-a-days, it has reduced the risk of injury greatly.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Welcome to the site, thecatsmeow8! I think I recall another woman on here talking about playing hockey, I can't recall who that was though. Anyway, Hope you stick around, not everyone here is as bad as they seem, lol!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

To answer your question, yes people have died playing hockey. Former Minnesota Wild player Sergei Zholtok died playing of heart failure. Jaxon Logan, a BYU hockey player was killed after being struck in the chest by a puck while blocking a shot.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well put, Gibbs. NOT EVERYONE here is as bad as they seem. :tum::tum::tum::tum: Just kidding. VERY friendly site. And while the sexism is rampant at times, it's never misogynous. Plus, you sound like you can SERIOUSLY take care of yourself. :->

However, as best I recall, TRD's father is 66. In about 2 months, I will turn 53. If he is seriously "old," what does that make me? (And before y'all go wild with your answers, I mean age-wise, lol.)

B.H.N.

TRD

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thats correct BHN, so i can't be that old. Or is it that there is alot of juveniles on here...
And according to them you would be crusty..

new topics

top topics

join