It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Team Canada looking to repeat past olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
And I do not mean that in a good way... Here is the "lineup" for team Canada.

Goaltenders
Martin Brodeur * Not himself anymore though if he can come out into the corners in International hockey he could be usefull

Roberto Luongo * Luongo has been struggling as of late and does not deserve this reconition imo

Marty Turco !

Defencemen
Rob Blake !
Adam Foote !
Ed Jovanovski * Getting Old, This Really should be McCabes spot...
Scott Niedermayer !
Chris Pronger !
Wade Redden !
Robyn Regehr * We don't have anyone better then Regehr? Odd..

And for the fowards
Todd Bertuzzi * Doesn't deserve to play hockey period...
Shane Doan * ??? Since when is he international calibur
Kris Draper ?
Simon Gagne !
Dany Heatley !
Jarome Iginla !
Vincent Lecavalier * Been Struggling this year, should have played himself off the team but nooo. Staal/Crosby would have been a better choice

Rick Nash ! Gamble though...
Brad Richards !
Joe Sakic !
Ryan Smyth !
Martin St-Louis !
Joe Thornton !

Reserves
Bryan McCabe $
Jason Spezza $
Eric Staal $

* Doesn't deserve the roster spot IMO
$ Deserves Roster Spot
! I Approve
? Not Sure I approve

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Now who would you choice to wear the C on that team. I see potential of Ego Conflicts...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think the only choice's for team captain are Joe Sakic or Chris Pronger. I don't think ego will have anything to do with it. This is Team Canada. This is bigger than the individual glory, and these guys understand that. On this scale, team Canada always plays as a team. I think if all these guys were together for 82 games than you might be looking at some ego's clashing. Not in the Olympics though.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I knew it. You heard my pessimistic prediction here first......................

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just a question? Why doesn't Todd Bertuzzi deserve to play hockey?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Before the olympics I was a supporter of Bertuzzi.

Now that the olympics has passed, and looking back. Huge mistakes were made. Bertuzzi could not adjust to the open ice and the faster game.

Doan, Bertuzzi, Draper to name a few should of been left home.

Obviosly Spezza, Staal and Crosby should have been named in my opinion. I think Phaneuf was one of the biggest blunders to leave off, only next to Staal.

Canada and USA got just what they deserved. The european teams were much more prepared and ready for this.

They say Canada could not adjust to the open ice.. BULL! How many players on Team Canada played over seas last year?

Wayne, fess up.. You messed up hard! Hes not solely to blame, the team was terrible. Iggy did nothing, Nash who? Gagne..Did he make the trip?

enough said

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostsailor
Just a question? Why doesn't Todd Bertuzzi deserve to play hockey?

Because he is a goon who ended a career with a visious attack. Talent wise I have nothing to complain about, it's his temperment.

That attack should have had him barred for life if I had my way.

This is also not the first time he has attacked another player from behind either.

Wayne, fess up.. You messed up hard! Hes not solely to blame, the team was terrible.

The NHL also made Wayne pick his team before the end of 2005, rather then waiting till the last possible second to optimize his team based on streaks, slumps etc.

[Edited on 3/9/06 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join