It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: For anyone who cares, Lindros report.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, Ferguson had to do something after letting Roberts and Neiwendiuk go. So he goes out and gets O'Neil, that's OK but then he signs Lindros.

www.tsn.ca...

I think this is a poor and desperate move. Eric is well past his prime imo, although younger than the pair that left town and is only a concussion away from retirement.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Guess nobody cares.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Eric who???

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
lindross might have a solid year or two left in him, but if he gets hit in the head again, you might as well just pop the straight jacket on and haul him away...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Leafs still have not realized they need to install some youth before they are going to have any post-season success. Lindros and Allison have tremendous ?Potential? but one solid hit and their out. IMO the leafs are on the decline until they change their ways; Ferguson is slacking!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was at the Boston Bruins Toronto Maple Leafs pre-season game in Hamilton. Eric looked afraid. He hardly hit anybody. I had to make an effort to notice him on the ice. He'd be a good third line winger. At any rate, the price was right.

The leafs, on the other hand, looked marvelous. Especially the kids. Alexander Steen was a real stand-out.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
lindros is an embarresment to our game, he should play in europe somewhere with roenek where they won't get hit.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Lindros just needs to get over his fear and he'll be a force again. I don't really think concussions are gonna be a problem with him anymore as he's now using a Lacrosse spec hockey helmet(the certification is 3 times more extreme then the Hockey cert)

Allison will do allight as will O'Neil, are we contenders? Nope. We need guys like Spezza or Crosby in order to be a contender in the future but we don't have that nor will we ever most likely. Our run and gun team back when Quinn first took over would be perfect for today's NHL but we went the other way.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Lindros played like a man possesed and didn't seem afraid of hitting people or getting hit by the most intimidating player in the league(now that Stevens is retired) Zadeno Chara, that goal he scored on Hasek is vintage # 88, I actually have some hope now. All we need now is some faster defensemen and maybe one more star foward. I'm liking this new NHL

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I also stand corrected. Sorry Eric.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
heh

NEway, 2 point night for 88 which brings him to what 3 or 4? Did he get an Assist vs ottawa? Too lazy to check right now.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Alright, I apologize for the thread, Lindros has looked good. Am I required to like him though?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
No assists on Wednesday. He's playing great though. Not the same guy I saw in Hamilton.Lindros between Ponikarovsky and Antropov is quite an imposing line.The new rules combined with their size makes them all nearly impossible to move. Wellwood played well in place of Mats as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
Alright, I apologize for the thread, Lindros has looked good. Am I required to like him though?

You aren't required to like Eric Lindros. But if you do find yourself warming up to him, you need only sight the love of Ed Belfour. We hated him at first. Everyone missed cujo. People wouldn't trade Eddie for Cujo now would they. So its okay to like Eric, and its okay to like cujo too.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Am I required to like him though?

Ask me in April
I have a guarded optimism about 88's prospects as long as he stay's healthy.

Originally posted by Karlsberg
No assists on Wednesday. He's playing great though. Not the same guy I saw in Hamilton.

Preseason I gather, I stopped paying attention to preseason games when I realized they don't mean squat in the long run. The only thing I really got out of the preseason hilights was that Mccabe could be hitting his prime(about time if you ask me)

Lindros between Ponikarovsky and Antropov is quite an imposing line.

True but they have to work on communication which I think is lacking on Ponikarkovsky's part and slightly less on Antrovpov's part.

The new rules combined with their size makes them all nearly impossible to move.

Really? I thought the MTL showed just how dangerous their speed was against some of our weaker Defensemen like Berg and Belak(worst defensive pairing in the History of Hockey IMHO btw they were -6 combined against MTL alone ..... )

Wellwood played well in place of Mats as well.

Wellwood played? He seemed invisable to me, what number is he wearing?(I'm not joking btw I really didn't see him on the ice once)

Allison looked really really bad tonight. Quinn is going to have a chat with him and it isn't going to be pleasantries heh.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nope, not quite the same thing, I always liked the way Belfor played, he was a force in Chitown. I've dislike Lindros since Day 1 when he wouldn't play where he was drafted and all the drama with his family, contracts, etc. Whiny brat imo.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Nope, not quite the same thing, I always liked the way Belfor played, he was a force in Chitown. I've dislike Lindros since Day 1 when he wouldn't play where he was drafted and all the drama with his family, contracts, etc. Whiny brat imo.

Ah I understand now. I personally believe he's grown out of it and now he's got what he wants and if he acts up well today it's a what have you done recently type of deal and he could be gone next year (or sooner) if he acts as you percieve him to be. I can understand where you are coming from though. All that counts with me is On Ice production, Leadership abilities in Mats' absence and lots of good quality hits.

If he single handedly hands us the Cup will you like him then? (Or plays a HUGE part in it as unlikely as it sounds now)

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Berg + Belak= HORRIBLE DEFENCE!!!!

Wellwood got 1 assist.

Eddie had his share of off ice shenanigans. I think he demanded a trade from San Jose. Eric has always been fun to watch. Need I remind you of his hit on Ulf Sammuelsson playing for team Canada. Life is to short to worry about the errors of our youth. His punishment was stiff. Instead of being on a Stanley Cup winning team in Colorado he played for Philadelphia.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
If he single handedly hands us the Cup will you like him then? (Or plays a HUGE part in it as unlikely as it sounds now)

That doesn't happen, it's a team effort. Belfor will have to be great and should be. Plenty of forwards will have to be supporting stars, as they should be. The key to this season is Ferguson, can he fill the holes on D that have been there FOREVER?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Grapes says Marchment is way better than Belak. Belak needs to be a fourth line winger, where he can't hurt the Leafs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join