It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: NHL Playoffs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That is insane PA.

I knew the rules to hockey by the time I was 7. But I played hockey when I was boy back east. Still....you think the fans would be able too pick up most of the rules just by watching.
I wonder how many times those rednecks needed offsides to be explained for them,before they finally got it. DANG(spoken in my Joe Dirt accent)

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
6 hours til the puck drops, can't wait. I'm stoked for this final. Calgary in 6.

Ben

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i like TB in 6

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thus it was dubbed by ESPN to start the broadcast.

It should be exciting. I am pulling for the Lightning. I think this may go 7. In truth, that would be the best for the fans. Since it may be the last finals for a few years.

Lets drop the puck, and play some hockey!!!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Calgary leads Tampa Bay 2-0 late in the second period on goals by Martin Gelinas just 3 minutes into the game and Jarome Iginla on a breakaway rebound. What a nice play by Iginla to cut back and put his rebound back in after Khabibulin stoned him on a breakaway.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wow, as I hit "post reply", Stephane Yelle scored a beautiful goal to put the Flames up 3-0.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's currently 3-0 flames in the third, I'd have to go wwith them in 5, if I was forced to make a pick

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
3rd period just started, so I have to go but don't sell TB short, they have firepower. It'll go at least 6.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
1st period over, game 2, tb up by 1. Good hockey ruined by poor officiating.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well it looks like Lightning struck. Gotta love the puns. Tampa score 4 on Kipro. The Boulinwall was rebuilt. Time to head to Calgary, where the home team is only 4 of 9 and the Lightning are 5 of 7 on the road, granted the last 2 road games were losses, but it was against a tough Philly team.

I think its going to be standard Lightning games, 1 team scores a bunch, the other, well, doesn't.

Ben

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The passion level is raising, and its a start of a hard fought series, i look for this to go 7 games, the hits started flying in the 3rd and late 2nd, and then teh fights broke out.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Jarome Iginla and Vincent Lecavalier both in the box for Fighting?? Vinny dropped the gloves?? This is getting interesting.

Ben

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i didnt think that these guys were fighters at all.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Old time hockey. The Hanson Brothers are loving it. This is a throwback before you had enforcers, you handled it yourself. Iginla actually can fight, I was surprised that Lecavalier did as well as he did. Man, aren't they taking the body as well? WOW.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yeah that was a bit of a surprise to me. Vinny seems to be more of a non- fighter, I could see Iggy dropping the gloves, but not Lecavalier. Game 5 goes Wednesday, GO CALGARY GO

Ben

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
lets go lighting they have to come up back and big soon

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Can you imagine how long that game would have went if TB didn't get the 2-man adv.? They deserved it though. How stupid is it to cross-check a guy in the face while waiting for a tripping penalty to be called? The refs will let a second infraction go, but not a high stick.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yeah that was the dumbest move ever. That's just not something that you do, ever, especially in the Stanley Cup Finals. A two man advantage is basically an automatic goal.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
GAme 6 goes tonight from Calgary.
I hope the Flames can pull it off. No Canadian team had been in the finals since 1994 and won since 1993.
I guess the Canadians on American teams are better than the Canadians on Canadian teams

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I hope the Lightning pull this one out and send it to a game 7. But if they do not, the better team won. Not sure why Tampa could not skate all the time, they looked tired in several of those losses. Maybe Philly's beating is catching up with them?

It will be a tall order for the Lightning to win the series. Calgary shows no signs of folding. They smell blood. They smell silver. The cup is within reach, tonight, in Calgary!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join