It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: NHL Playoffs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think the Sharks for the 1st time in their history have the right blend of youth and experince.
There is Ricci,Damphousse,Mclaren,Rathje,Thorton,and others with experince. Patty,Ekman,Nabokov,Stewart are no longer kids, and have become big time players. Then there are players like Cheecoo,Priessing who are rookies,I still consdier Cheech a rookie. The Sharks are complete team this year. Each player depends on the next player. Its the 1st time I have seen this much chemistry in Sharks history. They are a team to be feared. Of course know one does....and that works in their favor.
And despite the Sharks 3-1 lead,the Avs can still comeback. I will start to worry if the Avs find a way to win tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hate every player on san jose.....i jsut cant help it, i really cant stand any of them.

Ben

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Detriot finds themselves down 3-2 due to the tremendous goaltending by the flames goalie.

What a game what a game. The flames d just blocked shot after shot.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well looks like the Sharks are headed back to Colorado. Not something SJ wanted to do.

Though OT games are probably not doing the Avs hearts any good at this moment.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
Well looks like the Sharks are headed back to Colorado. Not something SJ wanted to do.

Though OT games are probably not doing the Avs hearts any good at this moment.

No,they really ,really did not want to go back. Not good. But for some strange reason,I have a feeling they will win.
I know this sounds silly but, I think the Sharks and Flyers are destined. I was watching game 3 of the Flyers Leafs series,and thought if the Flyers win the early game,then the Sharks will win the late game. Well the Flyers lost, and the Sharks lost. Flyers lost again, and the Sharks lost again. Now, yesterday, the Flyers won. So lets see if the Sharks can pull it off tomorrow. I just have a funny feeling these two teams are going to meet in the Stanley Cup.
At least I hope they do.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
I hate every player on san jose.....i jsut cant help it, i really cant stand any of them.

Hehehehe,now thats funny.
You say you hate them now.....but I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that if just about any Shark signed with the Wings, you would be stoked. Patty,Ricci,Mclaren,Hannan,Nabokov, Cheechoo, any of them or most any other Shark, you would end up loving and cheering for them.

Ben

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Its a great second round. Lots of action and high intense playing which is great for the game.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Holy smokes...the Flames pulled it off. What a fantastic game. The Flames were just kept coming and coming. It would have been a fluke if the Wings found away to win. Cujo was the only reason why it went to overtime. He was outstanding in goal.
Now I really hope the Sharks win. What a match up. Sutter against his replacement, Wilson. Two teams that love to hit hard and play strong defense.

Ben

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Flames did pull off an amazing win. Cujo has been hot all series it was sad that Cujo let in the goal casue of his outstanding play, it looks like he is going to take the punch in the loosing battle or put himself down about that lose.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
that game pissed me off so bad....kiprusoff got lucky as hell twice where the puck should have been in....i feel terrible for Cujo, i mean he let in what like 8 goals in 6 games and still lost....reminds me of last year. Hats off to the flames tho, they are a good team that i have always liked, well except for neimmanen.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that if just about any Shark signed with the Wings, you would be stoked. Patty,Ricci,Mclaren,Hannan,Nabokov, Cheechoo, any of them or most any other Shark, you would end up loving and cheering for them.

for part one, yes iwould be stoked cuz they are good players, but for the second part i dont liek them so i wouldnt be loving them lol.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Woo Hoooo....Sharks took the series. :bounce: One more round to go. I think this will be a great series. Flames are a well rounded team. They don't take dives,whine,pisss and moan,hold and obstrct like the Avs do. Should be higher scoring,and more flow.
The Sharks owned them during the season, I don't think that will change in the playoffs. Sarks in 4 or 5.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
SanJose - Calgary should be a great series, I see this series going at least 6 and more likely 7 games. Netminders Nabokov and Kiprusoff have been playing very well and should continue that in this next round. I dont really care too much who wins, but it's nice to see SJ and Calgary in the conference finals.

The Flyers travel to Tampa Bay to start their conference final on Saturday. The Flyers didnt beat TB this season, but in my biased opinion that doesn't matter now. Heck, we had Jeff Hackett in net for a few of those games and well, enough said.
I think the Flyers take a TON of momentum with them down to Florida and face a team that hasn't played in well over a week. Some say the rest is nice, but I'll take the momentum over rest anyday. The Flyers are playing well in both ends of the ice, they're scoring, hitting, checking, and Esche has been nothing short of AWESOME. The Lightning are also a very small team, although they're speedy. I think our much bigger forwards (Primeau, LeClair, Brashear, Handzus, etc) will eventually wear down the Bolts and make them always looking over their shoulder, which can be very distracting when trying to carry the puck. I'm hoping for at least a split in Tampa the first two games and then we come back to Philly where we are 6-0 in the playoffs. I hope Sami Kapanen is ok, you know what I'm talking about if you saw the hit on him about 30 seconds before Roenick scored the overtime game winner. Kapanen got up and fell three times before finally his teammates on the bench grabbed him in. The ironic thing is that JR was just getting on the ice in place of Kapanen before he labeled that shot top corner, what a beautiful goal!!! I'll tell ya, Toronto has some damn dirty players, especially Tucker and Sundin. Now they have all summer to practice their cheapshots.

I'm picking the Flyers in 6 games, winning game 6 right back here in Philly. I told my friends that if we make it to the Stanley Cup finals this year that I would shave my head bald. Get the razor ready!! GO FLYERS !!!!!!!

I'm also picking the Sharks in the west final in 7 games.

I love the NHL playoffs, I live for this $hit!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I live for it to PA. Great time of the year. I don't think Kipprsoff will be as good in this series. Keep in mind, he was the Sharks back up goalie. The Sharks know his weakness.
But as far as playing hockey goes,it should be great. Two fast hard hitting teams.
I am so rooting for the Flyers. I am looking forward to seeing how well Tampa's forwards do against the Flyers "D". From what I have seen so far, I think the Phillies forwards can beat Tampas "D". I don't think Tampa has played against a defense that can really knock forwards around. GO PHILLIE...

Plus I think it would be pretty cool to see the Primo(sp old age moment) brothers playing against each other for the cup.

[Edited on 5/5/2004 by nyeff]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

Plus I think it would be pretty cool to see the Primo(sp old age moment) brothers playing against each other for the cup.

Primeau

That would be awesome to see the brothers play for the Cup, Keith from the Flyers and Wayne from the Sharks. Actually the Neidermayer brothers met last year in the Cup for Jersey and Anaheim, I wonder when the last time that happened was and now it might happen two years in a row.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The Flyers laid a beating on the lightning 6-2 to even the series, now they go home to Philly!!!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

The Flyers laid a beating on the lightning 6-2 to even the series, now they go home to Philly!!!

Yeah..that was awesome. Now if the pattern stays the same the Sharks will tonight. The Flyers and Sharks have mirrored each other throughout the playoffs. Its almost spooky.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah, sharks Fyers would be a great finals matchup. Let's hope they do mirror each other there, then we can't speak on friendly terms for a little while

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
2-0 Flames after one period, the Sharks need to kick it up a few notches and match Calgary's intensity.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is this the same San Jose team that outplayed the Mighty Avs? Did they think it would be a cakewalk because Calgary was a lower seed?

San Jose needs to wake up, or they will wake up to a sweep.

Calgary is playing like a team posessed. They beat the Wings, now they think they can beat anybody. They are flying on the ice, they are a very physical team. Sutter must be loving this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join