It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: NHL Playoffs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
HABS WIN

habs win the series and come back form 3-1 down in the series to win 2-0 agaisnt boston in game 7

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Impressive win for the Habs. They now travel to Tampa to take on the Lightning and the Flyers await tomorrow night's winner between the Sens and Leafs. That series will start in Philly.

Gettin' ready now for game 7 between the Canucks and Flames. I think this series might have been over by now if Vancouver had Bertuzzi but it should be an awesome game. Kiprusoff has been good with the exception of game 6. I think it'll be decided by one of the two stars, Iginla or Naslund.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I KNEW THE HABS WERE GOING TO WIN.

Next up for the win the Leafs

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
(images from NHL.com)

Conference Semifinal Playoff Schedule

Eastern Conference:

#1 Tampa Bay vs. #7 Montreal
Game 1 Fri., April 23 at Tampa Bay 7:00 pm
Game 2 Sun., April 25 at Tampa Bay 4:00 pm
Game 3 Tue., April 27 at Montreal 7:00 pm
Game 4 Thu., April 29 at Montreal7:00 pm
Game 5* Sat., May 1 at Tampa Bay TBA
Game 6* Mon., May 3 at Montreal 7:00 pm
Game 7* Wed., May 5 at Tampa Bay 7:00 pm

#3 Philadelphia vs. #4 Toronto
Game 1 Thu., April 22 at Philadelphia 7:30 pm
Game 2 Sun., April 25 at Philadelphia 7:00 pm
Game 3 Wed., April 28 at Toronto 7:00 pm
Game 4 Fri., April 30 at Toronto 7:00 pm
Game 5* Sun., May 2 at Philadelphia 4:00 pm
Game 6* Tue., May 4 at Toronto 7:00 pm
Game 7* Thu., May 6 at Philadelphia 8:00 pm

Western Conference:

#1 Detroit vs. #6 Calgary
Game 1 Thu., April 22 at Detroit 7:30 p.m.
Game 2 Sat., April 24 at Detroit 3:00 p.m.
Game 3 Tue., April 27 at Calgary 9:00 p.m.
Game 4 Thu., April 29 at Calgary 10:00 p.m.
Game 5* Sat., May 1 at Detroit 3:00 p.m.
Game 6* Mon., May 3 at Calgary 10:00 p.m.
Game 7* Wed., May 5 at Detroit 7:00 p.m.

#2 San Jose vs. #4 Colorado
Game 1 Thu., April 22 at San Jose 10:00 p.m.
Game 2 Sat., April 24 at San Jose 3:00 p.m.
Game 3 Mon., April 26 at Colorado 8:00 p.m.
Game 4 Wed., April 28 at Colorado 10:00 p.m.
Game 5* Sat., May 1 at San Jose 3:00 p.m.
Game 6* Tue., May 4 at Colorado 8:00 p.m.
Game 7* Thu., May 6 at San Jose TBA

* If necessary

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My take on each series:

#1 Tampa Bay vs. #7 Montreal
This should be interesting. Two high powered offensive teams. I think this will be up to the goalie. The Boulin Wall is a force this playoff year, but don't count out Theo for the Habs. I think this series will come down to the powerplay. The team that can score on the PP will win. Lightning in 7.

#3 Philadelphia vs. #4 Toronto
Hmm. This should be interesting. Philly plays more like how Toronto wants to play. I am thinking lots of close games, 3-2, 4-3 scores. Not sure Toronto can do it without Sundin though. Philly in 6.

#1 Detroit vs. #6 Calgary
Um, yeah. Calgary got a break against Vancouver since Bertuzzi was out. Now they are going to face the All Star team from the West. Unless Iginla can become Superman, Calgary does not stand a chance. Detroit in 5.

The Mighty Avs head to the Shark Tank. Don't let the Sharks 104 points scare ya, they were in a weak division. Every team in Colorado's division had more points than LA, Anaheim, and Pheonix. And Colorado ended up with 100 points. Fear that. Peter the Great is a force. It won't be a cakewalk for the Avs, but the Avs in 6.

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I like Tampa Bay, Leafs in the east

And in the west Detriot and COlordo

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Mighty Avs head to the Shark Tank. Don't let the Sharks 104 points scare ya, they were in a weak division. Every team in Colorado's division had more points than LA, Anaheim, and Pheonix. And Colorado ended up with 100 points. Fear that. Peter the Great is a force. It won't be a cakewalk for the Avs, but the Avs in 6.

Where have you been???? The Sharks have kicked butt all year. Their longest losing streak was 3 games. Keep in mind that the Sharks play teams like Detroit,Colorado,St.Louis, several times a year. And have beat everyone of them.
Oh and hehehe the Sharks destroyed the Avs last night.
Sharks in 5. I do not think there is a team in Hockey,in any division that can beat the Sharks 4 times. Hell....it hasn't happened all year.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think last night losses to both the Wings and the Avs was a wake up call, and that they do need to play some top notch hockey in order to move on.

Sure the Sharks have won 104 points during the season, but when was the last time they were int he cup. We are in the playoffs now and the regular season doesnt matter, all that matters is how each teams plays now.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Where have you been???? The Sharks have kicked butt all year. Their longest losing streak was 3 games. Keep in mind that the Sharks play teams like Detroit,Colorado,St.Louis, several times a year. And have beat everyone of them.
Oh and hehehe the Sharks destroyed the Avs last night.
Sharks in 5. I do not think there is a team in Hockey,in any division that can beat the Sharks 4 times. Hell....it hasn't happened all year.

I have been watching hockey
The Avs turned it up in the first round. The Sharks had an easy one with St Louis.

The Avs did not show up against the Sharks in game one. I do not think that will be an issue in game two. If it comes down to that gritty stuff we saw at the end of the game, the Avs will destroy the Sharks. San Jose needs to stay composed if they are going to beat the Avs, a playoff tested team, every year. The only questionmark is the goalie.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The Sharks were the more compossed team last night. It was the AVs taking the cheapshots at the end. Which did not work for St louis,they tried there best to knowck the Sharks off there game. Didn't work. Won't work for the Avs either. The Sharks have the fastest and most well rounded team in hockey right now. Sure the Avs have Foresburg(sp) Sakic and aboyut 4 other world class players,but there defense is suspect. They simple cannot catch or match the Sharks forwards. And the Sharks D can handle the Avs forwards. I don't think its going to be easy,but I still say Sharks in 5.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I have watched the Avs since 95, they have a bad game every once in a while. I will let them play, and let their play define them.

If you want to talk about unbeatable teams, what about the Lightning? 4 of their 5 wins this post season have been shutouts. In those 4 wins they have scored 13 goals. And in their 4-0 drubbing of Montreal tonight, St Louis did not even score a goal. The pint sized forward won the Rocket Richard trophy this year. And with the Boulin Wall as netminder, I don't even think your Sharks would be able to beat them.

But, thats why they play the games. We will see.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well...another rough day for Colorado. Really were never a big threat. Their only goal came on a bad line change by the Sharks.
I do expect the Avs to win one at home,but I suspect that will be it. They just can't match the Sharks.

Tampa is the only team I do not know a lot about. I am not certain,but I believe the Sharks and Tampa played once this year. I think it was a tie. But I am not positive. I have not seen them play at all this year,just little bits and pieces during the playoffs.

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Colordo wins one in OT

And leafs get one over the Flyers

I like the leafs in this series they just out played the flyers in every way. And just over physicaled them hitting them every where and anywhere and that set the tone for the 4-1 win

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Colorado looks like it is waking up. Probabyl too late. They just did not look like they were into the first 2 games of the series.

1-0 games seem more like the style the Avs are used to in previous years. Not sure Granato got his team prepped enough for this series. The Sharks are hungry. And they may eat an Avalanche to help quench it.

Detroit looks old, again. If Calgary moves on, and the Sharks move on, it will be a feeding frenzy. But of course, stranger things have happened, like last year, a #7 and a #8 meet in the western conference finals?

Fear the Lightning.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I suspect the Avs are walking into a buzz saw. I don't think they will win at the tank. All game 4 did was prolong the Avs agony.

I was pretty bummed out that Toronto won. I just can't stand Belfour. I think Philly will pull it together and win the series.

It is still too early to speculate on the Flames/Wings series. I would be nice to see the Flames win,but I think it is unlikely.

Tampa reminds me of the Sharks. I saw a good portion of the last Tampa game. The are very fast,with a good D, and great goaltending. I agree with ya crayon,keep an eye on those boys.

[Edited on 4/29/2004 by nyeff]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I suspect the Avs are walking into a buzz saw. I don't think they will win at the tank. All game 4 did was prolong the Avs agony.

I was pretty bummed out that Toronto won. I just can't stand Belfour. I think Philly will pull it together and win the series.

It is still too early to speculate on the Flames/Wings series. I would be nice to see the Flames win,but I think it is unlikely.

Tampa reminds me of the Sharks. I saw a good portion of the last Tampa game. The are very fast,with a good D, and great goaltending. I agree with ya crayon,keep an eye on those boys.

[Edited on 4/29/2004 by nyeff]

i think we all see the same thing here.....the sharks winning, philly winning, tampa winning, and the wings winning....im from michigan so i love the wings, but since they are like the yankees i can see how u all would hate them....what do u guys feel about detroit?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for Detroit. More than you think. But I think they are also spoiled. I see them get calls that other teams don't get. And I think that they have gotten so used to it being that way,they start to whine,moan and groan if it doesn't go there way. Kinda like the NHL is supposed to take better care of them because they are future hall of famers.

I am also a diehard Sharks fan. Have been since they dropped the 1st at the cow palace. Thats were the Sharks played years ago when they first became a franchise. So its in my blood to hate the Wings. They have been rivials for sometime now.

The only teams I really hate are any team that has Belfour on it,Dallas,LA and the AVS.

P.S. Keep in mind that the Wings are disliked because they are good.

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sharks do look sollid, but i just wouldnt count out the Avs that can pull things out if they are on.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ahh, I remember, 1995, when I first really started to watch hockey. I did not have a team to root for, so I chose an underdog. That night it was Colorado vs. Detroit. Detroit was picked to sweep the Avs. Needless to say, the Avs beat Detroit and then went on to win the Cup.

And I agree with nyeff. They get a lot of calls and whine a lot. But damn there are some good/great players on that team. Datsuk and Zetterburg are going to be awesome.

I like to see new blood winning things. I rooted for the Sharks for a while, when KC got the Blades and became the Shark farm team. Got to watch Irbe up close before being called up. Since then he has fallen off the hill though, a shame.

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Sharks team is solid but are they expereienced enough

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join