It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: NHL Playoffs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Round 1 games

Eastern Conference:

NYI vs TAM

MON vs BOS

NJD vs PHI

OTT vs TOR

Western Conference:

NAS vs DET

STL vs SAN

CGY vs VAN

DAL vs COL

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am so looking forward to the playoffs.
As far as the east coast teams go,I will be following Boston. I like the match up between Boston and Montreal(sp). I think Boston will take it in 5.

As far as the west goes...SHARKS all the way baby. Go SJ. I think this the best team the sharks have ever put together. A great combination of youth and older players. A complete team,that takes responsablity for themselves.
SJ in 6,over the Blues.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I really like the NJD and the Flyers match up, the winner of the cup could be from this series defending champs agaisnt a team that is trying to get out of the first round.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
when do the playoffs start?

Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Has anybody been keeping up with the scores and such?

I know that the devils had a great game last night winning 4-2 to bring the series to 2 game to 1 with philli leading that series

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
***** UPDATED 04/17/04 *****

Its been a home team year. The home team seems to have the advantage. There have been some really good games and some not so good.

There are some interesting developments. 3 shutouts in the TB/NYI series. Some hurt players. And vague injury responses. Lower body and upper body injuries are very common, in fact, they are the only injuries.

Conference Quarterfinals:
(images from NHL.com)

Western Conference:

Detroit vs Nashville
Detroit Wins 4-2
==========================
Game 1: DET 3, NAS 1
Game 2: DET 2, NAS 1
Game 3: NAS 3, DET 1
Game 4: NAS 3, DET 0
Game 5: DET 4, NAS 1
Game 6: DET 2, NAS 0

San Jose vs St. Louis
San Jose Wins 4-1
Game 1: SAN 1, STL 0 (ot)
Game 2: SAN 3, STL 1
Game 3: STL 4, SAN 1
Game 4: SAN 4, STL 3
Game 5: SAN 3, STL 1

Vancouver vs Calgary
Cal 3-2
Game 6: Sat., 10 p.m. ET at CAL
Game 1: VAN 5, CAL 3
Game 2: CAL 2, VAN 1
Game 3: VAN 2, CAL 1
Game 4: CAL 4, VAN 0
Game 5: CAL 2, VAN 1

Colorado vs Dallas
Colorado Wins 4-1
Game 1: COL 3, DAL 0
Game 2: COL 5, DAL 2
Game 3: DAL 4, COL 3 (ot)
Game 4: COL 3, DAL 2 (2ot)
Game 5: COL 5, DAL 1

Eastern Conference:

Tampa Bay vs NY Islanders
Tampa Bay Wins 4-1
Game 1: TB 3, NYI 0
Game 2: NYI 3, TB 0
Game 3: TB 3, NYI 0
Game 4: TB 3, NYI 0 (another 3-0 shutout??)
Game 5: TB 3, NYI 2 (ot)

Boston vs Montreal
Tied 3-3
Game 7: Mon., 7 p.m. ET at BOS
Game 1: BOS 3, MTL 0
Game 2: BOS 2, MTL 1 (ot)
Game 3: MTL 3, BOS 2
Game 4: BOS 4, MTL 3 (2ot)
Game 5: MTL 5, BOS 1
Game 6: MTL 5, BOS 2

Philadelphia vs New Jersey
Philadelphia Wins 4-1
Game 1: PHI 3, NJ 2
Game 2: PHI 3, NJ 2
Game 3: NJ 4, PHI 2
Game 4: PHI 3, NJ 0
Game 5: PHI 3, NJ 1

Toronto vs Ottawa
TOR 3-2
Game 6: Sun., 7 p.m. ET at OTT
Game 1: OTT 4, TOR 2
Game 2: TOR 2, OTT 0
Game 3: TOR 2, OTT 0
Game 4: OTT 4, TOR 1
Game 5: TOR 2, OTT 0

[Edited on 4/17/2004 by crayon]

[Edited on 4/17/2004 by crayon]

Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
there are some good games, i love the Philli and the Devils series.

Ben

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Are teh candains done agaisnt the bruins after a tough loss

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My take on the different series:

Detroit and Nashville
Looks like the speed of Nashville and the age of Detroit are starting to show. Detroit is getting frustrated with Nashville, but Nashville is not backing down. The Preds are outskating the Wings, and its not pretty. Being back home will help the Wings, but they are old, we will see.

San Jose and St. Louis
St. Louis is done. Put a fork in them. They can't stay out of the box and they just don't seem to have it together. Nabakov is also having a great series in next for San Jose.

Vancouver and Calgary
Without Bertuzzi, you can tell Vancouver is having problems in front of the net. Calgary is just getting revved up. 7 games, but Calgary on top.

Colorado and Dallas
The mighty Avs. Nuf said. They can skate, they can shoot, and they can score. Netminding is an issue, but if you score 3+ goals a game, you should win. This could be over in 5.

Tampa Bay and NY Islanders
Interesting series. 4 games, all scored 3-0. May the first team that scores win. TB is just getting used to the playoffs this year and have to remember their record does not carry them to the next round. Tampa Bay is just getting started. Watch out!

Boston and Montreal
The B's are rocking. Thorton is a force, but its the other members of the team that are stepping up. If Montreal changes their tactics and stop going after Thorton, he will light them up like a Christmas tree. Oh, and Raycroft, rookie netminder, playing out of his mind. B's should finish this in 5.

Philadelphia and New Jersey
Brodeur needs to stop reading the presses about him being the greatest goalie. Right now he looks like the greatest sieve. Philly is bringing it hard to the Devils, and with out Stevens, the Devils are past the bending point and are breaking. Philly in 6.

Toronto and Ottawa
Toronto has the best goalie in the playoffs right now, Belfour. Ottawa was the leading scoring team in the league this year. Though Belfour does have a problem, he either shuts out his opponent or gives up 4. This will go 7. Toss up as to whom wins.

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
good analysis crayon, but i am hoping devils pull out the win

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I wish I wasn't so busy, I'd like to post more about these awesome NHL playoffs. I have continued my tradition of having a party for every single Flyers playoff game and needless to say we have been loving every minute of it.

The Flyers are taking it to the Devils. Keith Primeau looks possessed and Robert Esche has been unbelievable. They need to get the LeCLair-Recchi-Handzus line going like it did all year and we'll get some more offense. Then again, you have to earn every one against Brodeur.

I said before the series Flyers in 5 and I hope they can make me right and clinch the series this Saturday in Philly. Good chance I'll be there for that one, I'm pumped.

GO FLYERS!!!

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There are 5 NHL playoff games today and all 5 of them are possible elimination games.

Detroit beat Nashville and won the series

Colorado beat Dallas and won the series

Philadelphia beat NJ and won the series

Montreal is winning 3-2 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd period but trail Boston in the series 3-2.

Calgary leads Vancouver 3 games to 2, that game starts in about 45 minutes.

If Boston wins tonight, the Bruins will be the Flyers second round opponent.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Montreal beat Boston to force a game 7 in that series.

The city of Boston should be crazy on Monday. They shut the whole city down for the running of the Boston Marathon, the Yankees are in town for an afternoon game vs the BoSox at Fenway, and then Monday night the Bruins-Canadiens Game 7 at the FleetCenter.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So, who's up for a road trip to Boston?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There are only 3 series still gong on.

Toronto and Ottawa are playing right now, Toronto is up 3-2 in the series. And are currently leading after 1 perioed, 1-0. If Ottawa wins, there will be a game 7 on Tuesday night.

Monday is a big day, we will have the finish of 2 other exciting series.

Vancouver and Calgary are heading to a game 7. As well as Boston and Montreal.

Without Bertuzzi, Vancouver is not as good, plain and simple. Calgary needs to show their team speed and stop playing Vancouvers game. Calgary will lose if they try to match Vancouver hit for hit.

Boston and Montreal. I have no fricking clue. Montreal needs to shoot shoot shoot. The young Boston netminder shows that he can let in a few softies. Boston needs Thorton to perform ... anything. I am starting to lean towards Montreal, sorry B's.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Teams and their seeds that are moving on to the next round:

West:
1. Detroit
2. San Jose
4. Colorado

*** If Vancouver wins Monday, Detroit plays Colorado, and San Jose plays Vancouver. If Calgary wins Monday, Detroit plays Calgary and San Jose plays Colorado.

East:
1. Tampa Bay
3. Philadelphia

*** Too many scenarios to list.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The East is actually quite simple.

It all hinges on the Bruins-Canadiens game tomorrow night.

If Boston wins :

Flyers-Bruins
Lightning-(Ott-Tor winner)

If Montreal wins :

Lightning-Canadiens
Flyers-(Ott-Tor winner)

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thanks PA, that was too much thought for me on the weekend.

Looks like there are going to be 3 game 7s in the first round. Ottawa hangs on by beating the Leafs at the beginning of the 2nd overtime.

I will post round 2 matchups after tomorrow nights games.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon

Looks like there are going to be 3 game 7s in the first round. Ottawa hangs on by beating the Leafs at the beginning of the 2nd overtime.

Yes, 3 game 7's!! Not too many more exciting events then game 7 of the NHL playoffs.
We have two tonight, the Bruins-Habs just started and Vancouver-Calgary play after this. Then, as crayon mentioned, the Sens-Leafs play game 7 tomorrow night.

I'm rooting for Boston tonight because I'd rather the Flyers play them, but either way the Flyers get a team that played 7 games in the first round and that should work in their favor.

Ben

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Flyers look sharp as you said and they are going to win easily next round.

I would like to see the Canucks and Habs move on as well as the leafs

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join