It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: 50 goals

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
who in the NHL is the most likely to score 50 goals

Mariaan Hosa
Milan Hejduk
llya Kovalchuk
Rick Nash
Markus Nasland

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
hard to say who will have that many goals this early into the season, its almost half way through but seperatino starts at allstar game

Ben

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i agree with you sports on that one, but i llike HOsa or Nasland to score 50. They have been big goal scores they last couple of seaons.

Ben

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hejduk scored his 22, 23 goals of the season last night. His 23rd came on his game winning over-time peanaly shot.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ok, here are the contenders as of the All-Star break:

Goals (Games) - Player:

31 (52) - Rick Nash, CLS
30 (55) - Markus Naslund, VAN
27 (56) - Ilya Kovalchuk, ATL
26 (55) - Robert Lang, WAS
26 (54) - Milan Hejduk, COL
25 (56) - Pavel Datsyuk, DET C
24 (54) - Martin St. Louis, TB
24 (52) - D. Alfredsson, OTT RW
24 (53) - Jarome Iginla, CGY RW

I think if Nash stays healthy and if the people around him start playing better, he should have a chance.

Naslund should have a good crack at it. Vancouver is going to be making that final push to take #1 away from Colorado in the Northwest.

Kovalchuk does have a chance, but he got up to the top due to a great start, and he has come back down to earth, a little.

Ben

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A lot of poeple have chances its just if they get the supporting cast to help them out. Have there players set them up nicely for those goals. Also its not a single handed performance these top goal scores should use this as their advantage and help set up their players playing in the role of a "decoy"

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Decoys are good. Especially if you are looking to make the playoffs. I think the Jackets will try to get Nash the puck and not want him to play decoy. Since they are not going to be making the playoffs this year.

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes true, Nash should and i think will get 50 goals this season.

What i meant by the decoy's is for the teams that are struggling and instead of a certain player showing off, they should share the puck and get some quality goals.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's starting to look unlikely that any player in the NHL will score 50 goals this season. Scoring is really down again this year and there are alot of rule change proposals that will be discussed after the season to try to get scoring back.

Most teams have around +/-20 games left and there are only five players with 30 or more goals.

Ilya Kovalchuk - 33 goals and 19 games remaining
Rick Nash - 33, 20
Martin StLouis - 30, 21
Markus Naslund - 30, 20 (out with a concussion)
Jarome Iginla - 30, 21

These numbers make it hard to believe that Gretzky once scored 92 goals in one season.

Ben

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
yea it is, is one of the reasons the goalie pads sizes?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
yea it is, is one of the reasons the goalie pads sizes?

That certainly could be one of many reasons that scoring has been down. As a matter of fact, one of the rule change proposals I mentioned in my last post is to take 2 inches off each goalie's legpads. I think it's a good idea, fans would rather see a sweet goal than a nice save IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There are other aspects of scoring that people don't pay attention to.

For example, you put a frog into cool water and heat it to boiling. You get frog soup.

You put a frog in boiling water, it jumps out.

Same thing in hockey. Players are bigger, faster, more aggressive. But it has been a slow change. The ice is the same size. But seems smaller with the bigger players.

Also, defense is one of the key aspects of the game. A defensive team that can score at the right time will win 90% of the games they play in. The other problem is the lack of calls made by the officials. They let way too much go. Hooking, holding, slashing, diving, grabbing, clutching, whining. If you call the fouls, they wont happen. If the fouls dont happen, there is more skating. If there is more skating, there are more goals. Simple.

The solution that needs to be worked on is stricter enforcement of the rules. A hook is a hook. Whether its a little love hook, or one that hauls down a player. Its a hook either way.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Teddy Sherignham will score the most goals

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hmm, Sherignham might be good. But he doesn't play in the NHL.

new topics

top topics

join