It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Flyers get Lombardi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) - Dean Lombardi, who was fired as general manager of the San Jose Sharks last season, was named as a scout by the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday.
sports.yahoo.com...
Well PA your flyers should have a very god scout now. He knows a lot about european hockey players.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thats great news! I know of the name, but I don't know much about him, hopefully he will bring some good talent in and help the Flyers out. The Flyers GM Bobby Clarke said that he was very experienced and thought he would be a GM again someday and was happy to have him. Here is a nice stat from nyeff's link:

Lombardi and Bill Torrey are the only general managers in league history to have their team's point total increase for six straight seasons. Lombardi's 2001-02 team captured its first-ever Pacific Division championship.

That's pretty impressive, I hope he brings his winning ways East with him

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
He will. What is more impressive,is that he did it with a brand new team. Now he is going to a well established team. He will do wonders for your team PA. Give him 2 years,by the second year the Flyers new prostpects should be top notch.
I was blown away when he was let go.

join