It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Bobby Orr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Bobby Orr was my idol as a kid.When I played ice hockey,I wore #4 had every book I could find on him,and never missed a Bruins game.This is just a little history on him.....

ROBERT GORDON - (Bobby) ORR
Defense, 6-0 ft., 199 lbs. Parry Sound, Ont., March 20, 1948
In early 1948 (March 20th) the Orr family had a new son named after his grandfather his name was Robert Gordon Orr.

At the tender age of 4 years old, a friend of the family bought Bobby his first pair of skates. Little did they know the history that would be made after that purchase.

He embarked on playing in the Parry Sound Minor Squirt Hockey League. By 9 years old he had won the MVP in the Pee-Wee Division. Not a bad start.
orrfan.tripod.com...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Definitely one of the best ever. I was a little young, I vaguely remember watching him, but I've seen plenty of highlights and replays. He was probably the first real offensive defenseman. Whenever I think of Bobby Orr, I picture that one goal he scored, maybe to win the Cup I forget, but he is sailing through the air after scoring a goal. I think he is still involved in the NHL, not sure what team.

I just found the pic I was talking about:

This goal won the 1970 Stanley Cup for the Boston Bruins.

I was just reading some more about him, the Bruins discovered him at age 12!

Here's a really cool site nyeff, wait till you see some of the pictures.

www3.telus.net...

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks PA.Great site.:bounce:

new topics

join