It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Stanley Cup Finals - Devils vs. Mighty Ducks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So, how do you think this series will turn out? Do you think Brodeur and the Devils will win another cup or do you think Giguere and the Ducks are ready to win the first cup for this franchise?

I think the Ducks should be rested after another long layoff, it didnt seem to affect them in the other series that they won right away and had to await their opponent. If Giguere continues to stand on his head, the Ducks have a great shot. I dont think there is a question that the Devils are the better team on paper, but that didnt mean much to the Ducks vs. Detroit or Dallas. I'm biased, i hate the Devils with a passion, so I'm picking the Ducks in 7 games. Should be a goaltender's duel between Brodeur and Giguere. GO DUCKS !!!
:cool2:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I hate NJ so I really hope the ducks win. If Giguere continues to be outstanding then I think the ducks will win for sure.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i'm rooting for the ducks in 7....it should be a good series, both teams are playing really well, but i agree with proudamerican - it'll be a goalie duel for sure....looking foward to the start of the series on tuesday!
go ducks!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd like the Ducks to win. Not sure if we have live coverage in the UK, we had highlights and repeats of the previous games so put up a spoiler for any results posted on the final!!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Guess I'm the odd man out. Devils in 6.Die Ducks die.....
:tum:

[Edited on 04/10/03 by nyeff]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to this series, should be a great one!

Go Ducks!!! :tum:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hell ya I'm looking forward to it.The goal tending should be fantastic.This series has the potential to be one of the best ever.
Go Devils

Ben

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well i am going to go with the Devils in 6. The devils werent supposed to win the series agaisnt ottawa but they did. They play solid defense and solid goaltending and it is going to be very hard for the ducks to win this series, becasue they are also a very defensive team. The devils always find a way to win games and that is way they are going to win this series. The problem for gigi is that he had 10 days off and he was on fire maybe that will cool him down a little bit. GO DEVILS.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Devils win 2-0, no doubt the Devils were dominant tonight. Jersey played a solid game and Brodeur was his usual great self in net. Maybe the Ducks had to get back into the swing after the long layoff, but the Devils will be looking to put them away.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Ducks looked a little rusty.To much time off.The Devils looked like a well oiled machine.They shut down everything the Ducks tried to do.
Gooo Devils:bounce:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The Devils won 3-0, I forgot about the empty netter.

The Devils are playing like a well-oiled machine right now.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm pretty stoked for Jeff Friesen as well.I hated to see him traded from the Sharks.Not surpized he is scoring against the Ducks either.I doubt there is a player on the Devils that know the Ducks and Gigure better.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
OK Brodeur, thats enough. He's heading right for the Conn Smythe Trophy, he's been outstanding. Another 3-0 shutout for the Devils.

Ben

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What a game last night i am so happy right now that the Devils won again and are two games away from winning the cup. Broduer is just plan old amazing, he is making unbeliveable saves. And giggy is getting outplayed by Broduer.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't really blame Giguere for the losses, just an overall ineptness by the rest of the Ducks to play well on either offense of defense. Whether its giving up tons of scoring chances to the Devils or creating relatively easy games for Brodeur by taking so few shots, they are quite simply playing like crap.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
I don't really blame Giguere for the losses,

I wouldn't blame any of the Ducks, rather credit the Devils (as much as I hate them) as they are playing really good hockey, nothing fancy.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What a game!

The Ducks really needed this game to stay alive and they won 3-2 in OT. Very entertaining game to watch, I hope the Ducks tie the series up next game at home.

Ben

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am hoping that the Devils can get one win in Anhaiem so that they can go back to the Meadowlands and win the cup at home, but if they dont win the cup at home it dont matter. It was a very good game, and the Ducks barely won this one, Broduer let in a very easy goal, which was kindof funny, what are the chances of that happening again?

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I saw that easy goal where Brodeur dropped his stick. You're right, you wont see Brodeur do that very often. The next game will be the turning point, if the Devils win I dont think the Ducks can win 3 in a row, If the Ducks win, its a whole new series. Anaheim will have ti find a way to win in NJ.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
All I have to say is WOW...that game was better than matrix reloaded lol!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join