It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Spezza dispenses hope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The puck Jason Spezza used to deliver hope to Ottawa hockey fans is going to his father Reno for safekeeping at the family home in Mississauga.

When Spezza scored his first playoff goal in the Senators' 3-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference final Monday, the rookie centre breathed new life into Ottawa's chances in the best-of-seven series.

To say Spezza, 19, was the king of the hill yesterday in the nation's capital would be an understatement. All you had to do was turn on television, open a newspaper or listen to the radio to understand the impact he made.

"It's nice. It's fun for me to be part of," said Spezza. "You wait for your opportunity when you're one of the 'Black Aces' skating every day and when you get the chance, then you want to make sure you make the most of it.

"I couldn't have thought it would go that well in the first game. What's important now is to keep it going. It's more important that the team won. We needed it."

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm glad to see Spezza in there even playing, he bounced up and down this season between the Senators and their AHL minor league team. I think he is going to be a good player in the league.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
He's off to a decent start in his first season as a regular, he had a couple assists last night and looked good, he should be around for a while.

join