It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Devils vs Sens - East Conf Finals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Who do you think will win this series? I think it's one of the best defensive teams vs one of the best offensive teams, so it should be interesting. I think the Sens will beat Jersey in 7 games, I think they have too many weapons and will be able to beat Brodeur. Langenbrunner has been really hot for Jersey in these playoffs. I cant believe how big Chara is, they say he's 7'1 with his skates on. I hate the Devils so I'll pick the Sens in 7.

Ben

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Devils have been picking apart there oppenets in the playoffs so far. They have been able to shut-down the other teams offenses. And they are able to score goals on their own. Broduer is playing solid hockey. I think that the Devils will win in 6. The Sens are a very good hockey team, but i just think that the Sens won't be able to use their fancy skatework agaisnt the devils. The Devils coach will be able to make match-ups so that they will be able to stop the top scores. Should be very fun to watch this series.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I knew Ben was picking the Devils, this should be a great series. I know Jersey has been dominating so far, but Boston or Tampa Bay arent the Senators. The Sens are much more potent offensively and I dont think the Devils will be able to score enough goals to win this series, they dont impress me offensively. I hope it goes 7 games though, just to make it interesting.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This was a great hockey game with the Sens jumping out to 2-0 lead, then the Devils tied, sending it into OT and then the Senators beat Brodeur 3 min into OT on a pretty nice goal by Van Allen and a great pass by Havlat. I still think this series is going 7.

Ben

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It was a great start to the series, but I agree with you on one thing it might go to seven games, but the Devils will win it.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i hate to say this, but i'm rooting for the devils here...i havent been to a playoff game in so long that my only hope of going to one in the near future is if the devs make it to the finals then my dad will try and get tickets...i'm gonna go for devils in 6

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Good game tonight, I had a feeling the Devils would bounce back. These are two very good teams, both well balanced on offense, defense, and goaltending. I was surprised they won 4-1, now they go to NJ.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The Devils looked sharp again last night shutting out Ottawa, especially Brodeur. This series has played out differently than I thought, the Devils have played smart hockey and have basically shut down the potent Sens. If Jersey wins game 4, I think they'll be a lock for the finals.

Ben

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Devils have been playing well, and they are currently undefeated at home in the playoffs so far. Broduer is playing good, but he is playing amazing at home.

posted on May, 17 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Devils win again, its looking like Anaheim and New Jersey for the Cup final.

Ben

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Devils are one of the best teams at closing out games, and they are still undefeated at home games, that is a very amazing stat, and that is going to be hard to break. With Broduer in net, i really would like to see Brouder and the Giguere mister in net agaisnt each other.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Big win for the Sens tonight to stay alive. I hope that Ottawa can beat the Devils in NJ to force this series to a 7th game. See the hit on Hossa?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Big win for the Sens tonight to stay alive. I hope that Ottawa can beat the Devils in NJ to force this series to a 7th game. See the hit on Hossa?

I think they will, would make for a dramatic finish! We didn't get the full game, but I saw the highlights.

Ben

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I hope that the Devils pull a win out tonighht so that there won't be a game 7. The Sens are going to have to play amazing hockey to be able to beat the Devils on home-ice, so far in this post-season no team has been able to beat the Devils on their home ice. I am hoping that this streak stays alive. Broduer is most likely going to be looking for a win and go onto the stanley cup finals. I think that the Devils win but in a close contest and a hard fought contest.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The Devils need to win.I like the idea of an east/west stanley cup.Without Canadiens.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What a great game, both teams played well. I'm glad its going to a 7th game, I hope that one goes into overtime as well.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
What a great game, both teams played well. I'm glad its going to a 7th game, I hope that one goes into overtime as well.

You should have put up a spoiler, I haven't seen the game yet it's on tonight!!

I knew they would take it to 7 though.

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Really good game 7 last night, it's the Devils vs the Ducks for Lord Stanleys Cup.
I wasnt happy to see the Devils win as I hate the Devils, but I think they proved they were the better team.

top topics

join