It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Flyers vs Senators - Round 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ottawa has been off since last Thursday while the Flyers and Leafs have been beating each other up. I wonder if a week long rest is good in the playoffs, the Flyers should have alot of momentum after an impressive 6-1 slaughter of the Leafs in game 7. The Senators are a totally different team than the Leafs, much less physical and much more finesse. This should be another interesting series, I hope the Flyers keep the hitting up, they could really wear down a much smaller Ottawa team. I'm picking the Flyers in 6. GO FLYERS !!!

Bring it on Ottawa!!

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
the flyers are going to win the cup this year. Period.

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
the flyers are going to win this series but like you said PA its going to be a very tough series for both teams. If the flyers make it through another tough series you have to start to wonder about how tired they are going to be, they had a very tough and physical series, and Ottowa had some time off to get their legs back. Goaltending is going to be a big issue again as two very solid goaltenders go at it. Both teams are very good, but i pick Phili because they have more depth than the Sens, but it all depends on how tired the Flyers are.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I really hope the Flyers pull this one off.I have never like the Senators all that much.
I would like to see the Wild and the Flyers in the finals this year.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I would like to see the Wild and the Flyers in the finals this year.

That would be great! The Wild have a good team this year, the West is wide open with Detroit and Colorado golfing already.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Last nights game was a good one. But the Flyers did look a little tired down the streach. I wonder if this will effect them in any way. The Sens were able to have 7 days off, while the Flyers had only 2, and they played some long games in the Tornoto series. The Sens played well but the Flyers blew the game, they had a good lead, but they just let the Sens get back into the game.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i put the sens in 5 because as a rangers fan i do not want to see the flyers win (sorry but i've had one too many fights break out near me in the seats) but if philly can solve lalime, and hold a lead, they can do it - but ottowa is a good team - i just dont really like them

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Good game yesterday for the Fylers. The fylers were able to hold onto a lead and Roman was solid in net. The Send got dominated in this game. And the Fylers looked pumped up for this series. I hope the fylers win this. I am a rangers fan also, but i would rather see the Fylers win this series over Ottawa. No offense to the candians or anything but i just dont like candian teams for some reason.

Ben

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The flyers and Sens game last night was a very good game to watch, the flyers really didnt play the game that they wanted two. The flyers want that physical style of game but really never got it. The Flyers let this game slip out of their hands. In overtime Roman let in a weak goal that he didnt see but still in my mind he should have had that one. Flyers are now trailing in this series but they are still capable of winning it.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Flyers can't hit ,what they can't catch.The Senators are a very quick team.
I hope the Flyers can figure something out.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Very disappointing loss last night for the Flyers, they seemed to be outplayed which is rare on their home ice. Cechmanek had a really strong game in my opinion, that is until he let that weak shot in from the corner, he never saw it. I agree with nyeff, the Sens are very quick and tugh to catch to get a good hit on them. They are a really good team and I would be worried if the Flyers didnt have Hitch behind the bench, he is a great coach and hopefully he can make the right adjustments to counter their speed.There is alot of hockey left in this series, the Flyers need to win Thurs night at home and tie this series back up.
GO FLYERS !!!

Ben

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
FLYERS WIN

Good Job by the fylers they played a very solid game but boy do they look tired out there. Their pyshical play isnt having that much of an effect on the Senators. The main reason why the Flyers won was because Roman was playing outstading he was literaly standing on his head making saves. He was brilliant. Good JOb Flyers.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
...for the Flyers last night. Cechmanek was on his game and shut out the potent Ottawa offense. The Flyers played smart defensively, closely following Hitchcock's scheme. This was a must win to tie the series 2-2, heading back to Ottawa. Game 5 is going to be huge, the Flyers need to score more than one goal and they need another stellar performance from the Checkmanek.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Very disappointing loss for the Flyers last night, now they're coming home down 3 games to 2. They have to win both, they can do it but it's going to be really tough.

Ben

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
They can win it but they have to take one game at a time. And Roman has been inconsistant for them this series, he needs to step up this game and play huge. In this series he has had a great night then a bad night. Flyers can do it, but are they motivated enough.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Game 6. I really hope this isn't the Flyers last game of the season. I think they will rebound tonight in front of the home crowd and take game 6, but they have to be better defensively and need a much better game from Cechmanek. I hope Game 7 is in Ottawa on Wed night.

GO FLYERS !!!

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oh well, the Flyers got destroyed tonight.

It was a good season, but once again it ended way too early.

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Sorry PA, they fylers had a hell of a season, at least they didn't lose in the opening round. It shows progress. I think that you will be able to blame Roman for this series loss, he played two outstanding games and sucked in the other 4. Do you still want him to be a flyer next season, your team has the firepower just needs a solid goalie.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Man, what a beating PA. At least you guy's had a good season,and will be contenders next year.

I know,no matter what anybody says it all sound's hollow.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah, its tough losing in the playoffs. Its such a long season to get here, I thought they had a great shot at winning the cup this year.

I agree Ben, Cechmanek stunk up this series with the exception of 2 games. I dont know what they're plans are, but I think Roman might be headed out of Philly, he had a few chances and didnt get the job done. When he was good, he was great, but when he wasn't so good, he really sucked.

Philadelphia is so hungry for a championship, haven't won anything since the 76ers beat the Lakers in '83. The Flyers havent won the cup since '75, I was only 5, a little too young to enjoy it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join