It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Devils vs Lightning - Round 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Tampa Bay is another team on a roll after being down 2 games to none against the Caps and then winning four in a row to win the series. The Devils are thier usually tough self with good defense and great goaltending from Brodeur. Khabibulin has been hot too and he has a pretty impressive career record against the Devils. I'll pick Jersey in 7. Did I say that? I hate the Devils!

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
not really a fan of the devils, but they showed that they are in fine form during the first round.

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am picking the Devils in 5 because of Brodeur, he is playing very well and he single-handedly took down the Bruins with all their high scorers. Devils took apart the Bruins and then were able to rest up. But the lighting have been playing very well in a come from behind win over the Caps. Khabibulin, played ok in the series the only good game he had was the final one, and he played well when it counted. Devils have been scoring a lot lately, and if the devils lead any time in the game, the game could be over. GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The Devils looked good in winning game 1, although it was scoreless til halfway through the third period. This series could be over sooner than later if the Bolts cant figure out Brodeur, which is no easy task.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Devils looked very good in game one, but PA the key isnt to solving Brodeur, they have to solve how to get past this defense. The Devils will play solid defense all sereis long, and the Bolts are going to have to creat chances somehow. But when they do create those chance then comes Brodeur, and then they have to figure out a way to get the puck in. The Bolts have a big problem now, this defense is very physical, and the Bolts are more of a finese team. Its going to be hard for the Bolts to keep up with a physical team like the Devils. Going to be very hard for the Bolts.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The Devils got their first taste of OT in these playoffs, but it wasnt long before Langenbrunner beat Khabibulin to put the Devils ahead 2-0 in the series. Looks like Jersey is going to be sitting back waiting for the Flyers-Ottawa winner.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i put jersey in five because they're the type of defesne first team that can shut down a team completely, especially a smaller, finese, team. but when they get too much confidence it doesn't wear well on them because they seem to get cocky - i think that's what happened against the bruins when they lost game four. they could sweep and be waiting for ottowa, but then again it could wind up taking more.....

i missed the entire regulation this afternoon - however right when i turned on the TV the OT was starting, and it didn't last too long. the save brodeur made right before the gwg didn't look too difficult of one, but when you figure that he couldn't see it i guess it was...but then the devs go down to the other end of the ice and on a great team and individual effort - end the game

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This was a very weird game during the first period it looked like the game was over becasue Tampa had a 3 to 0 lead. Then in the second the Devils came back and tied it up so going into the third period it was 3 to 3. The thrid was a solid period both teams had their chances but Tampa showed that they can capitalize on their chances. Personally i think the onyl reason why they won that game was becasue of a bad ref call. Tampa inched close to tieing this series up, but the Devils will win the next two games. Stevens was knocked out of the game, by getting hit in the face with a puck. He had to get stiches and he is still questionable for the next game.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Tampa Bay finally got a game in this series, looked like it was going to be easy after they went up 3-0 but the Devils wont go away that easy. Tonight is a huge game for the Bolts, if they lose tonight to go down 3-1, I cant see them beating the Devils 3 in a row.

Ben

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well the devils won again last night. They move ahead in this series 3 games to 1 and this series looks all but over. Like PA said i dont see the lighting beating the Devils 3 in a row, espically since the devils are one of the best teams in closing out series. Stevens came back last night and his presence was felt all over. I am sure Broduer liked him back in the lineup. Iam looking forward to the Devils closing out the series at home this weekend.

Ben

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This was a good game i catched the ending of it in overtime. The overtime was a great iam very happy that the Devils won and are going onto the next round. This now gives them some more time to rest up for the next round. And i am going to hope that the Senators and the Flyers beat each other up.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Looks like Jersey handled Tampa Bay without much problem, the only thing I was happy to see was the game go into the third overtime. At least tire them out a little, they will be having a nice break considering the Flyers-Sens series is tied at two games apiece. I was really surprised to see the Bolts start John Grahame in net and bench Khabibulin, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Ben

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I was surpised that Khabibulin got the start. But like you siad PA desperate times call for desperate measures. Grahme played a very solid game, and he surpised me as to how well he played. Devils shouldnt be that tired it was a long game but the still got a lot of rest ahead of them.

new topics

top topics

join