It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Dallas vs. Anaheim - Round 2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
But Giguere is hot. You think that he will win the Playoff MVP trophie?

I think he has a great shot at it. The Ducks will have to get to the finals for him to win the ConnSmythe, if not win the cup. The last ConnSmythe winner from a losing team if I remember correctly was the Flyers Ron Hextall in his rookie season against Gretzky's Edmomton Oilers in '86.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Still early, but who do you think is leading? I would say Giguere, but there's still two rounds left.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
When the final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs concludes, the first trophy presented will be the Conn Smythe, given to the most valuable player of the postseason.

The award has been given in every playoffs since 1965 and generally has gone to a member of the Stanley Cup-winning team. In fact, only four Conn Smythe Trophy winners have come from the losers in the Finals, the most recent being goaltender Ron Hextall of the Philadelphia Flyers in 1987.

There is no set criteria for determining the Conn Smythe winner, who is chosen by members of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association covering the playoffs. Sometimes it goes to a leading scorer or the winning goaltender.

- from ESPN

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Giguere is the definatly front-runner for this trophie. Right now I can't think of anybody else that deserves it. Without Giguere I don't think that the Ducks will be doing as well. He has literally lead this team on his shoulders. Without him they would have lost in the first round to the Wings.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
yeah, especially in all those overtime games...

Ben

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Giguere played great but I wouldn't give him all the credit his defense played well, and his offense created the chances to win the games. Giguere no doubt it playing well, and looks like he will keep it up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join