It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Hockey: Dallas vs. Anaheim - Round 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What do you think of this series? I think theres no doubt that Dallas is the best team on paper, but the Ducks are playing well and have possibly the hottest goalie right now, we all know how important that is in the playoffs. I think Dallas is a little too deep for them (but so was Detroit), I'm picking the Stars in 6.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have no idea who will win this but I am hoping for the ducks to win. I would love to see them take down possibly the 2 best teams in the NHL this year in a row.

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The Stars are going to have a difficult time getting past the Ducks. If the Ducks win this series they aren't going to be able to sweep past them. Dallas in my mind has a better goalie then Detriot. But Detriot had a little more depth in their lineup. Should be a good series. Dallas is going to win in 6 but with a dogfight.

Ben

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
DUCKS WIN AGAIN

Can you beleive that the Ducks win again agaisnt a top ranked team. In the fourth longest game ever. This game went to 5 overtimes. I couldnt stay awake for this game so i feel asleep after 3. This game was great i was watching in the 3rd period with the goal the Stars made to tie it up, and i still dont know if that was lucky or intentional. O well. Giguere played an amazing game yet again, and kept the Ducks in this one. How is he doing it? Turco played a good game but gave up the game winner 1 minute into the 5th overtime. Both teams ahd their chances to win this game, but the Ducks came away with this one.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Man what a game.Watched the whole game,incredible.Those guys were dead on there feet by the end of the game.
Can't wait to them on Saturday.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That was awesome, 5 OT's !! I was surprised they disallowed the goal in the third OT, but it seemed like the right call. I'm glad the Ducks ended up winning, can you imagine the Wild and Ducks in the Western final?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
another great game! Anaheim wins game 2 at the beginning of overtime!

This is quite a suprise so far.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Another huge win for the Ducks!! Of course it went to OT, but the Ducks are now 6-0 in the playoffs against Detroit and Dallas, is this possible? I know the Ducks are good, but man are they playing well. I never thought I'd say this, but the Ducks have a good chance of coming out of the West. Gotta love the underdog!!

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
always gotta root for the underdog

the ducks are very hot right now and on a great role. it would be great to see the ducks come out of the west, even though i tend to root for the canucks because we (the rangers) were able to beat tehm in 94 hehe. giguere is playing amazingly, and they're gettting the goals when they need em - of all the teams in the nhl, i think they're getting the luckiest bounces....go ducks - ducks in 7 (hoping less)

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Can't wait for tonight's game; I hope its as exciting as the first two

Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Very good game last night the stars for the Stars showed up and played well, Turco surpised me with how well he played as he kept his team in this game. Modano played a great game even though he didnt score and this game could show the Stars what they have to do to win this series. The Ducks had their chances on net but turco was just to solid. Looking forward to the next game.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It was a good game.I thought I saw a little panic on the part of the Ducks at the end of the game.They were a little jumpy,bad passes,and confused.
I'm wondering if Babcock will be able to calm them down and get them re-focused.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Did I see that right, the Ducks lost? Its about time after winning six straight playoff games vs Detroit and Dallas. Dallas is a tough team and will probably gain alot of momentum from the win in game 3. Giguere needs to keep playing huge for the Ducks to have any chance of getting past the Stars. Still rooting for the underdog here, Go Ducks!

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yep still rooting for the Ducks.To bad they lost.I still think the Ducks will take the series.

Ben

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I got a question for everybody, can the Ducks be stopped? Geez it seems like nobody can solve Giguere, and the whole Ducks team is playing outstanding as they lead this series 3 games to 1. It is looking like the Ducks will move onto the next round.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't know.I don't think beating the Ducks is that hard.Its Giguere that is the problem.
I hope the Wild can do it.They are good at creating traffic in front of the net.But then again Giguere seems to have x-ray vision.
The other team that I think can do it is New Jersey.They have great goal tending as well.And they play a very good low scoring kind of a game.
Sorry PA I don't think the Flyers can beat the Ducks.I think if they can get past the Sens,they will be too tired to beat anybody after that.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by nyeff]

Ben

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I don't know.I don't think beating the Ducks is that hard.Its Giguere that is the problem.

Well Giguere is playing outstanding. The surpising part that his shutout win over the stars last night was his first shutout in the playoffs. He seems to be getting better every time. But I think that the next round you will see the Devils and the Flyers and the Devils will beat the Flyers Broduer and Giguere in the finals would be an amazing match-up to watch. Who know the Flyers have a long way to go before the next round. And there is a whole another round. Long way to go!!

[Edited on 5/1/2003 by Ben]

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a hot goalie is pretty much the best thing to have in the playoffs. Take a look at the Detroit-Anaheim Series, Detroit had much more depth than Anaheim but Giguere kept them all at bay.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Another great game tonight, the Ducks beat Dallas to win the series, what a run by the Ducks! Sandis Ozolinsh scored the game winner with just over a minute left in the tied third period.

Dallas had a goal disallowed in the 3rd period but scored a minute later on the power play. Giguere had another solid game although he let up 3 goals.

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Personally I thought that the goal disallowed by Stu Barnes was the wrong call, to me it looked like the Duck player knocked it off, but o well they did score on the power play a little later. Turco had a good playoff series. But Giguere is hot. You think that he will win the Playoff MVP trophie?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join